sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ - ᴅᴜᴀ ʟɪᴘᴀ & ᴍᴀʀᴛɪɴ ɢᴀʀʀɪx

"ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ?"

George's point of view.

I woke up, during the night, next to Reece, he let me big spoon? I stretched reaching for my phone, noticing 18 missed calls from Karen, 79 texts from her, wasn't going to answer any of them. I checked the time and noticed it was 2:49 am, and I was hungry. I kissed Reece's cheek before standing up and walking out. Blake was sitting on the couch, he didn't look like he slept one minute, I figured maybe now was the time to ask him about some things.

"Do you know what's up with Reece?" I asked sitting next to him as he stared confused.

"What about him?"

"He's been... Acting differently, or is that just with me?"

"I don't know mate, it depends. How are you?"

"I'm confused Blake." I said looking to him.

"Confused about?"

"I don't want to fall in love with him." I said tearing up. I didn't want to fall in love with anyone after Karen.

"Reece?"

"Yeah. I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to be hurt by him."

"Reece isn't Karen, George, remember that."

"W-what about that girl you described at the diner yesterday, what was her name?"

"Reece."

"Blake seriously." I whined.

"I described Reece. Blond hair, green eyes, dimples, I never mentioned the gender, I was describing Reece the whole time."

"S-seriously?"

"Yeah." He smirked looking away.

"Why'd you describe Reece?" I asked looking to him.

"That's for you to find out." He smiled nodding, pointing his eyes to the hallway, Reece standing there. He smiled softly walking to me as Blake stood up leaving us. I stared at him as he sat down, noticing my stare and looking back at me.

"I'm sorry for earlier." I said shyly.

"sorry for what?"

"Kissing you, then it leading to a whole lot more than a kiss. I'm also sorry you cuddled my heartbroken ass all day. And I'm sorry for —"

"— would you shut up? I enjoyed every bit of yesterday. Every cuddle. Everything." Reece interrupted.

"Why though? Like did you just cuddle me to make me feel better? Cause you're lonely? I don't know Reece."

"I cuddled you for a reason, not just to make you feel better."

"What is that reason?"

"George, I don't quite know how to tell you."

"You like me, don't you?" I asked looking to him as he sighed.

"Yeah, I do. And have for a long time."

"How long is long time"

"Like, a year? At least."

"Why didn't you tell me? Like ever?"

"You're psycho ass ex was in my way for three months and I wasn't sure how I felt before that." He smiled softly looking to me. "But now I'm very sure, I'm in love with you." The softness in his voice, made it very believable, even though it seemed very unbelievable to me. I bit my lip nervously.