Chapter 9 - Welcome To Our Humble Home!

"We've already packed all of your things, so like, we're going in about 20 minutes."

I looked around and noticed that my things weren't the only things packed into boxes. All the contents of my home were also in boxes. The walls were plain, the cupboards were empty, the television was disconnected and gone. This was sad.

I walked around my house, just as a way of saying goodbye I guess.

I walked into the hallway, and opened the door the cupboard under the stairs, where me and my friends used to use for hide and seek. I remember Harry told me that in his house, this was his bedroom and I laughed, but it was true.

I walked around the whole house being reminded of memories that happened in that room. Then I got to my room.

I looked around, and felt tears sting my eyes. Everywhere I looked I seen them. I seen them tucking me into bed after reading me The Tales of Beedle The Bard, I seen them getting me ready for my first day of school, I seen my dad going crazy painting the walls for me as my mum delicately stuck little stickers on the wall. I seen them both reading my Hogwarts acceptance letter to me. I seen my mum ripping all my clothes out of my wardrobe, threatening to throw them out if I didn't clean my room, I seen the little parcel of gifts and cards they left on my bed for me every year on my birthday. I seen my mum going mental when I wouldn't get out of bed for muggle school.

I seen them everywhere, and now I was leaving, leaving all of the memories here in this house that I love very much.

They were the best parents anyone could have asked for. And even though I wasn't showing it much, I missed them. I missed them so much.

I hope they knew I loved them. I hope they knew that I appreciated everything they did for me. I hope they knew that I couldn't have lived without them, and now I have to learn how to. I wasn't ready for this; I wasn't ready for my parents to drastically die and be introduced to two girls who were my sisters that I can't remember. I wasn't ready to see Myla so heartbroken, but not understand the whole situation properly because she's too young. I wasn't ready to see Jordan so heartbroken, and he probably feels like he's the only one in the world know, he probably feels like he has no one. I wasn't ready for any of this, and it's not fair that I have to face it.

"Tasia? You all alright darling?" the sweet voice of Mia said behind me.

"Yeah...I'm fine." I replied without looking at her.

She walked towards me and grabbed my shoulders. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," I said forcing a smile.

"Alright. Let's go."

As I was leaving my bedroom for the last time, I took one last look behind me, and quietly whispered "goodbye".

--------

We finally arrived at the Weasleys after a very weird trip. One minute we were travelling by muggle means, the next we were travelling by wizard means. Because of that I was delighted to see the big tower-like wooden house before me.

Millie and Mia literally ran to the door, squealing with excitement. I forgot that apparently this family was very close to the Weasley family. Something else I don't remember. I mean, sure, I was friends with Ron and Ginny and the twins and I knew them and stuff, but I just don't remember being close to the whole family. Recently my life just seemed like one big blank in my head, like I had holes in my brain that couldn't be filled. Sometimes I wondered if I was going insane. Literally.

The two girls didn't even knock on the door, they just ran into the house and the rest of us trailed in after them. "We're here!" Mia shouted.

Seconds later heavy footsteps came booming down the stairs, and suddenly Mrs Weasley was in sight. She just kind of stood there for a moment, hands by her sides, looking at us with a pitiful and loving expression etched onto her plump face. Moments later everything about her expression changed. "Hello my darlings!" she said, her arms outstretched in the air, running towards us with a huge smile on her face.

All too soon I found myself squished into one giant Weasley/Allyn sandwich. I couldn't help but laugh. I did always like Mrs Weasley. She always had this bubbly and positive persona about her, and it rubs off on you easier than you would like.

"Welcome to our humble home! Not like you haven't been here before, but let's just pretend," she said, a giggle following her last sentence.

"Thank you again Molly for having us. We can't tell you how grateful we are, and how much you are helping us out here. We'll be on out best behaviour, I promise. We can't thank you enough," Millie said in serious tone for once.

"Oh don't be silly! I'm very happy to have you all here, you know what they say, the more the merrier. Better being here then all alone out there in that dreadful muggle world. Now, let's get all your things inside."

-----------

Mrs Weasley showed us all to our rooms once we had all got settled in and got something to eat. Jordan and I both had our own rooms, whereas Millie and Mia shared a room and thought it would be better for Myla to sleep with them until she gets older, then she'll probably move into my room with me.

"I know it's not much but-"

"It's wonderful, Mrs Wealsey, honestly. I'm very thankful for what you're doing for us," I said, cutting her off.

She came closer to me and gently held my shoulders. "I'm truly sorry about your parents, Anastasia. They were honestly wonderful people and I loved them very much, and it's tragic and unfair what happened to them. But we can only look on, look to what's coming, and try to stay strong. If you ever need me for anything, anything at all, you know where to find me. Okay?"

I felt bile rise up in my throat, but I refused to shed a tear. So instead, I hugged Mrs Weasley. Tight. I buried my head in her shoulder and squeezed my eyes tightly shut, making sure no tears could escape. It was then that I realised that this magical woman was the only thing I had close to a mother. So I will love her like a mother, and treat like a mother, because evidently, she was the next best thing.

"Thank you," I said, my voice muffled against her shoulder. She hugged me back, even tighter, and gently patted me on the head.

"Don't mention it," she said. I finally pulled away from her grasp. "Feel free to decorate this room any way you want by the way, it's your room now. I want you to feel as comfortable and at home as possible, okay? Now, I'll leave you to get settled in," and with that she was gone.

I sat down on my new bed and looked around. The wooden walls were bare, which was good because there was plenty of room for pictures and posters. The room was quite big and spacious, which was always good. I had a huge double bed with a wooden frame, dressed with an unbelievably white duvet and a little nightstand beside it. In the corner there was a desk with a lamp on top of it and a chair tucked underneath it. On the other side of the room, there was a few bookshelves, a chest of drawers with a mirror connected to the top of it and shelves. I kinda liked the room. The only negative was that it was on the very top floor (and right across from Ron's room, which was the only other room on this floor) so it took quite a journey to get here.

I got up from my bed and started to unpack my things. I left a pair of pyjamas on my bed to change into when I was done, and started to fold my clothes and put them into drawers.

I hung up a few pictures on the walls (ones of me with my family and ones with me and my friends), and I put one of my parents on my nightstand beside my bed. In the picture they were smiling and hugging, gently swaying and lovingly staring into each other's eyes. I loved this picture. They really did love each other, and in that moment I was thankful they died together. Of course I would prefer if they weren't dead, but I was thankful that they died together, and that one didn't have to endure the misery of living without the other.

Once I had unpacked all my things, I got changed into my pyjamas and jumped into bed. Another early night was what I needed, and within minutes I fell into a deep sleep.