Chapter 13 - Left Her Behind

Dedicated to crazy_asmoi, who keeps me motivated. X

"Cho?" I whispered, giving the door a feather-light knock. 

"Anastasia, if that's you, then go away." If that's me, she says. She 100% knows that it's me.

"Well, I would, but this is my dormitory too, you know," I said, trying to break some of the tension. Seeing that the only response I got was silence, it didn't work. "Plus, I really want to talk to you." Silence. "Look I'm going to come in whether you like it or n-"

I was cut off by the door suddenly swinging open, with an almighty swoosh that caused my hair to fly back behind my shoulders. A flustered and angry face was staring me right in the eyes, and I started to get nervous. I just wanted to make her see that I never meant to hurt her.

"Hi," I said innocently with a sad smile on my face. She rolled her eyes and stepped to the side so I could walk into the empty room. 

I sat down on my bed and was about to open my mouth, but she bet me to it. "Look I'm just really not in the mood to talk about this-"

This time I cut her off. "Well, you know what Cho, we kinda have to. You're the one who has a problem with me, so I'd appreciate it if you told me what I've done, because I would never deliberately hurt you."

"You knew that I liked Harry," she said with her hands to her sides, standing still as a statue beside the door. 

"No, I didn't."

"Liar," she said, still as water.

"Don't call me a liar. Cho, honestly, why are you being like this? I  clearly didn't know you liked Harry. I would have spoken to you about him before doing anything, and you know that."

"Okay, whatever, play the innocent. See if I care. I still don't want anything to do with you, or your friends. You're all so toxic. I really do hate you all, I hate being in your presence. Always have. You've always taken everything from me, Anastasia-" Every word she just said is a lie, I thought.

"Luna Lovegood is toxic?" I started to feel my temper rise, which was NEVER a good thing with me. I was known for my terrible temper, which usually resulted with me getting into fights, in Flitwick's office, or an owl to my parents. Or all of the above. At least I knew for sure one of those things wasn't going to happen. 

I tried to keep calm, but I couldn't. 'Calm' was an impossible term with me. I jumped from my seat from the bed and exclaimed, "I'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM YOU?" I laughed. "That is the best fucking thing I've heard so far this year. Might I just ask, what exactly is it that I've taken from you?" 

She didn't even give me a proper answer, she just stumbled across a few lousy words. "Yeah, that's what I thought. And by the way, talk shit about me all you want, but don't you ever  call my friends toxic again. They've done absolutely nothing to you, but frankly neither have I. But, okay, you have a problem with me? Take it out on me, not them." 

She just stood there, saying nothing. That made me even angrier. "Don't you have anything to say for yourself? You started this, don't you have anything to say in your defense?"

"You knew that I liked Harry," she whispered. 

I questioningly threw my hands up in the air and ran them through my hair with an exasperated sigh. "Okay, fine, whatever," I said, making my way towards the door with heavy steps. I swung the door open, but before stepping out added, "Oh, and Cho, didn't poor Cedric die like two fucking minutes ago? You moved on quickly." I looked her up and down from her head to feet, and then slammed the door shut, leaving the lying girl who was once my friend behind me. I wondered if I had just permanently left her behind.  

I wanted to run to my dormitory and cry, but I had just left my dormitory. Damn her anyway. I went downstairs towards the common room, and went back to my friends. 

"Tasia, you're crying! What happened up there?" Jamie said as he ran over to me and immediately wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"I am?" I didn't even notice. I touched my cheeks with my fingertips, and sure enough, they came away wet and glistening. 

"You are. Here, come sit down," Elena said as I shuffled towards the couch where my friends were congregated, Jamie still with one hand around my shoulder as we sat. 

"What did she say babe?" Andy asked me calmly. 

I intensely stared at Andy's shoes, never moving them once when I spoke. "She said that I knew she liked Harry, and that we were all toxic. She said that she wants nothing to do with us and that she hates us and hates being in our presence. She said that I always take everything from her." They all exchanged confused and worried looks.

"Tasia, did you...did you get...angry?" Andy said leaning forward, a concerned look on his face. At that, I raised my eyes from his shoes and looked at him. I knew what kind of angry he was referring to. My Temper. 

"Yes." I waited a few seconds, and then added, "I said something really bad. Really really bad."

"What did you say?" Jamie asked me. 

"I said, 'Didn't Cedric die two fucking minutes ago? You moved on quickly.' And then I left." I stopped for a moment and looked at all their faces. Worried expressions surrounded me. "Guys, I think...I think we might have just lost Cho." 

------------------------------------------------------------

That evening, I was still crying. Everyone in the Ravenclaw common room was staring at me at this point. Cho still hadn't come down from the dormitory.

I couldn't seem to calm down, I just sat there with silent tears streaming down my cheeks. Even Luna's kind words and warm hugs couldn't quite console me. I missed my sisters. I missed Myla, Millie and Mia. I missed Jordan too, even though he was in the same house as me, I hadn't seen him around for at least two days. Most of all, I missed my parents. Come Halloween time, I would be going home to the Burrow and I would be able to see my sisters, and I could go see Jordan right now if I was in the right state. But I could never see my parents again. I would never be able to go home during holidays and spend time with just Jordan and Myla. I would never be able to walk through the door and literally smell their smell, and see their shoes sitting beside the door. Would never be able to see my dad giving me one of his knowing winks, would never feel my mum's homely and warm hugs. I would never even be able to go home to my muggle house, that I was shipped out of in the blink of an eye. 

It was then I realized just how much things had changed. Instead of going home to Privet Drive to be with my parents and Jordan and Myla, I would be going home to The Burrow to spend time with not only Jordan and Myla, but my two new sisters and the Weasleys too. I thought I felt my heart crack, if it wasn't cracked already. I have been so deep in grief for so long, I was starting to forget what being truly happy was like. I was in mourning for the Draco I grew up with and the relationship I had with him, for my siblings, for my parents, for my childhood, for my happiness, for my lost friend Cho. I have lost so much. 

-----------------------------------------------

Hey! If you haven't noticed, I attached a picture of Margo, played by Lily Collins in Love, Rosie above. I also decided that I will start to add more pictures of Anastasia to chapters, just so you guys can see what she looks like more and some of her outfits maybe. Happy reading! X