Chapter 8 - Tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing outside Hogwarts. Only it wasn't the way Hogwarts normally looked. Hogwarts was hardly there anymore, it had all been torn to pieces. I was standing in the midst of bricks, blood, dead bodies, dirt and many more disturbing things. 

The mood that was surrounding us was strange. Sadness and gloom was floating above everyone's heads like a giant, grey cloud. 

I looked at myself, and I was covered in dirt from head to toe, and a few cuts and bruises. Draco reached out from behind me and grabbed my hand. He kissed me on the cheek and then said,"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." 

I looked up and I seen Lord Voldemort's death eaters coming across the crumbling bridge. These people were dressed in black, and looking very evil. I looked harder, and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I seen no other but Lord Voldemort himself. Behind him was a very sad looking Hagrid, carrying a dead body. I couldn't make out who it was though.

The countless number of death eaters got closer and closer, and then they stopped moving. By now, nearly every student and teacher from Hogwarts were standing with me and Draco, they were also covered in cuts, bruises, dirt and they were looking very worn. The fear that was within me was growing stronger by the minute, and I thought that I was going to collapse. 

Lord Voldemort stepped forward, a smirk on his face and said,"Harry Potter...is dead!"

Those four words hit me like a ton of bricks. My hand rushed up to cover my mouth. Harry Potter...dead? No, no way. This was some kind of sick joke. I felt tears sting my eyes, and I let them  fall heavily down my face. Draco gave my hand a light squeeze.

"NOO!!! NOOOOOO!!!" screamed Ginny Weasley, running towards Voldemort, but was pulled back by her father.

"Silence! Stupid girl! Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me," said Voldemort, with an evil look on his face that sent chills down my spine.

He smiled widely, and turned around to his followers. He spread out his arms and shouted, "Harry Potter is dead!!!".

Voldemort and all of his followers laughed loudly in delight. He turned back around to face us, the good side, and continued, "And now is the time to declare yourself, come forward and join us! Or die."

No one stepped forward for a minute. Nobody done anything for a minute. Almost everyone, including myself, were crying. Then the voice of Lucius Malfoy broke the silence. 

"Draco," he said. Suddenly everyone turned around and fixed their gaze on me and Draco. Draco stared at his father, but did not move.

"Come, Draco," continued Lucius summoning Draco over to the dark side. But still, Draco did not move, but his eyes filled with tears as he watched his father call out to him.

"Draco," said the soft voice of Narcissa Malfoy, "come."

Draco looked down at me, a tear sitting at the corner of his eye, and let go of my hand. He started walking towards his parents, towards the dark and evil side, a place I promised myself that I would never go. But as I watched the person I love the most in the whole world choose them over me, I felt the urge to follow his steps. But I didn't, I just sobbed.

"Ah, well done, Draco," I heard Voldemort say as Draco approached him, and pulled him into an awkward hug, but Draco did not hug him back. 

Draco reached his mother and father, and walked into his mother's arms. I was standing there, now alone and sobbing uncontrollably, surrounded by people that I loved. Hogwarts professors, Hogwarts students, my friends, my family, and many other people. I had fought for the good, and I always knew that I would, but my whole world had just walked away from me, to the dark side.