Chapter 6 - Why Can't I Remember Them?

"My who?" 

"Your sisters," Professor McGonagall said, a bit slower this time.

"I'm sorry, I'm really confused here because I have one sister. Who is not at an age to be my guardian," I said to her, eyebrows raised.

"Not one sister, three. Three sisters. Plural!" McGonagall said holding three fingers in the air, waving them in my face. 

I stood up out of my seat in a temper. "No Professor, singular! One sister!!! Her name is Myla! You know her! I also have a brother, his name is Jordan! But I most certainly do not have more than one sister, I of all people should know!"

Professor McGonagall covered her face with her hands, then removed them with a heavy sigh. She continued in a soft voice,"Miss Allyn, I know that you've got a lot going on for you right now, and you're probably not thinking straight. You have 3 sisters. One brother. Myla, Millie and Mia are your sisters. Jordan is you brother. Millie is 18, Mia is 20. They are your new guardians."

I put my hand on my forehead and slowly sat back down. "What school did they go to?" 

"Beauxbatons School," she replied.

"When was the last time I saw them?" I asked.

"Well I'm not exactly sure, but it was before you came to Hogwarts. Jordan and Myla have been with them more than you, but they have not seen them recently either."

I sat rubbing my forehead, eyebrows furrowed. Does Jordan and Myla remember them? And why the hell can't I? 

"Why can't I remember them?" I asked Professor McGonagall, even though I knew she would not have the answer.

"I'm afraid I don't know Miss Allyn. But I do know that you are under a tremendous amount of pressure right now, and you're probably not thinking straight. So, what you need to do is go pack your things. You'll be going home for 4 days, and if you need more time to recover, send us a letter and let us know. When you've finished packing, go to Dumbledore, you'll be apparating back home."

I nodded along to what she was saying. "Wait...I thought you couldn't a-"

"No questions about that topic please, Miss Allyn. I'll see you in a few days." Professor McGonagall said, cutting me off.

I stood up to leave and opened the door. I stuck one foot out, looked back and said in a weary voice, "See you in a few days, Professor."