| chapter nine |

' they got lost in each other's eyes '

FROZEN, Jackson was hypnotized by the man's voice, his heart beating erratically as his jaw fell open

FROZEN, Jackson was hypnotized by the man's voice, his heart beating erratically as his jaw fell open. His eyes were being held by the man's own eyes as if the guy didn't want him to look anywhere else and for some strange reason, Jackson didn't want to.

Hearing his best friend clear her throat, Jackson snapped out of his trance, clearing his own throat as he straightened his back, trying to gain back his dominance.

"H-hi." He stammered, cursing under his breath once he heard how he sounded in his ears.

"I'm Daniel." The mystery man introduced, outstretching his hand as a wide, warm smile tugged at his lips as his eyes danced with mischief and warmth.

"J-Jackson." Warmth flooded to his redding cheeks as he shook the man's hand. Just before he was about to let go, Daniel brought his hand to his lips, pressing them against Jackson's soft hand. The said guy's face went red as a warm   Faye watched the small exchange with amusement, smirking slightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jackson." The man grinned, his pearl white teeth shining as his swirled with happiness. Snapping out of his trance, Jackson grinned shyly, a dash of pink painted on his cheeks as butterflies fluttered in his stomach as Daniel's eyes pierced into his body, staring at his soul and deep into his heart.

"You too." He stuttered, smiling softly as embarrassment flooded into his cheeks, v ry shy which made Faye smile softly as she could see the connection they had.

"Would you like to dance?" Looking back, Jackson turned around to look at his best friend, who wore an encouraging expression.

"Go on." She mouthed before pushing him off of his chair, the guy falling into the man's arms, who wrapped them tight long around Jackson. Accepting Daniel's outstretched hand, the two working their way to the dance floor.

Faye watched with looming eyes, never leaving Jackson's figure. The brunette was protective over her best friend even when they first met.

Jackson had moved to her old school with a cute, shy smile and that easily attracted both girls and boys that just wanted him for his looks. The boy was naive and always would be, he always had his heart on his sleeve and it was Faye's job to take control and protect her best friend.

"You really care for him." The bartender noted as he leant against the bar, drying off one of the beer glasses with a cloth as he watched Jackson and Daniel dance, eyes glancing at Faye as well.

"I am." She nodded. "While Jackson gives off this dominant aura, he's actually a submissive. He's always looking for love, wearing his heart on his sleeve, and because of this, he's hurt so easily." Faye let out a sigh as she turned back around, running a hand through her hair as the bartender poured her another shot.

Wrapping her finger around the glass, Faye through her head back as she downed the shot, sighing once she feels the slight burn of the liquid as it swims down her throat.

"So, you're like his protector?" She nodded. "Okay then, how do you feel about the guy dancing with him?" The brunette glanced back, eyes trailing up and down Daniel's body before watching the two move, assessing their body language.

"Daniel's good looking and I have a gut feeling that he'll take good care of Jackson." She said, her eyes narrowing as she watched Daniel pull Jackson closer just as someone wanted to take him away so they could dance together. Faye felt a warm smile crawl on her lips as she saw the genuine adoration dancing in the possessive Daniel.

"Yeah, I see what you mean." Faye smiled, glancing at the two once more, genuinely happy that Jackson found someone special.

Turning back to the bartender, Faye put on a cute smile as she crossed her legs once again. "One whisky please."