Take You Down: Chapter Fifteen

I felt frozen in my place. Everything around me was dull and loud conversations turned to soft murmers in my ears. I fought my mind mentally, trying to pry my eyes off Lucas, but they wouldn't budge.

Could he be so convoluted, as to try and appear in my life on purpose?

Of course he would.

As if he felt my stare boaring onto his back, he whipped aorund and gazed full force at me with those manipulative gray eyes.

Don't fucking look! My mind screamed at me.

I instinctively dropped my stare and began fidgeting with the strap of my cami I was wearing. I pulled it up higher than usual and slumped slightly in my seat.

"What the hell was that?" Pablo whispered, moving closer to me.

I nearly jolted out of my seat when I heard his voice. The instant I looked at Pablo, I felt the color rush from my cheeks and a memory took over my mind.

"Lucas, meet Pablo--my boyfriend."

Shit.

"Oi, sweetpea, you look dead. Que pasa?" Pablo touched my arm, nudging me to look directly into those ocean deep eyes. They were filled with worry and concern. I almost gave in.

I heaved a huge sigh and leaned even closer so that no one else could hear. "That. is. Lucas!" I nearly screamed while whispering frantically in his face.

No understandment flooded his face. He simply stared at me with this questioning look. "So?"

"Oh good lord." I groaned, not exactly wanting to rehash their first impressions. "Remember I pretended you were my 'boyfriend'?" I softly spoke the words 'boyfriend' so that no one would get the wrong impression.

Immediately, Pablo's face lit up and that thousand dollar smirk I wanted to rip off appeared on his face. He arched an eyebrow at me, listening intently now. Of course I'd have caught his attention now, huh?

I rolled my eyes and created more of a distance between us. His proximity wasn't allowing me to think too clearly. "I take that as you remember?"

His eyes grew soft, but his smirk gave way to his mockery. "Very clearly, sweetpea. What are you trying to pry at?"

"Umm, he's here. In this fucking class." I stated obliviously, ignoring the pitter patter my heart thumped to at his previous words. He was making this harder than it was--Rumors weren't going to help this at all either.

He grinned and folded his arms across his chest. "And?" 

"You know what I'm getting at." I growled, gripping the edge of the table to prevent myself from squishing his face to death. Yeah it was the worst I could think of at this moment.

Pablo leaned into my ear, his breath tickled it as he spoke. "Si sweetpea, but I want to hear you say it." I couldn't help but feel the butterflies flap their wings in my stomach as I heard his husky voice trickle like honey. Alright, well this surely caught the attention of everyone in the classroom.

I gritted my teeth and tried to pull back, but both the back of my chair and Pablo's arm gripping my waist stopped me.

He looked amused, eyebrows up, smirk spread wide on his face. "Wouldn't want Lucas to think we're breaking up would you?"

Realization hit me as much as I dreaded it, and I solmenly nodded my head in agreement. Pablo was absolutely right. I needed to suck up and do what I needed to do to keep my presence safe.

Pablo let go of my waist once he saw understanding cross my face and he reclosed the distance between us. "Bueno. Now say it."

God dammit. Words could not express my hatred for this prick.