Take You Down: Chapter Twenty

The next morning, I wake up way earlier than usual. At around 5:45, I had realized it was pointless to try and sleep if I was restless. So instead, I decided to take a nice, soothing shower to relax myself. I got ready for school way earlier than usual, and for once, it was worth it.

About thirty minutes later, I hear the shower go on right as I finish up the last spoonfull of cereal. My eyes close in relief when I conclude that I won't have to give Pablo a lift to school-one less confrontation to face with him. After what happened yesterday, I'm not sure if I'd be ready to face him. The fact that he saw a glimpse of my past makes me shudder. I don't want his sympathy, and I most certainly don't want his temper.

And I have to say, yesterday morning, he looked pissed.

A sudden vibration from my jean pocket jolts me back to reality and I pull out my phone. It read one new mesage from Courtney.

Hey, you might want to see this

-Courtney

I frown and quickly reply with:

Why what is it?

-Madison

I press send and run over to the sink to dump my empty bowl in there. Now I'm curious to see what's going on. What makes me even more intrigued is the fact that Courtney's never this early to school. I don't wait for her to reply, but instead grab my keys and get in the car outside.

My thoughts flicker to Pablo once, until I reassure myself he's a big boy and can get to school either way. That seems to convince me because I start my engine and back out of the driveway.

All the way to school, I'm twisted in three things. Yesterday morning, Courtney's text, and Pablo at home.

The drive is only five minutes, so it doesn't take long for me to pull into the school and look for a parking spot. Considering it's getting around the time where people start coming in, I have to rush to get a good spot before anyone else.

Once I'm settled, I shut the engine off and grab my things, taking one final glance in the mirror before hopping out of the car. I dig my phone out of my pocket and see that I recieved a message from Adrianna six minutes ago.

Come to Wing 6 in the Languages section.

-Courtney

Weird.

Closing my phone, I look back once more before turning to run into the school halls.

Once I push through the doors, I walk to my left, cursing through my brain when I realize the Language wing is half way across the school. I quicken my pace slightly and jog up a set of stairs in the process. Turning a few more halls, I finally start to see a crowd when I reach the sixth wing.

What the hell...

Confused as a deer in the headlights, I follow where alot of people are going and shove through the crowd to get a first hand look. My breath nearly catches in my throat at what I see.

There Lucas is, with a sunset orange rose in his hand. He is smiling, a sweet dimpled smile, one that hides his horrid tricks. My eyes travel in shock to the girl standing beside him-Makayla. I dart my eyes, looking for Courtney to allow her to tell me that I'm only dreaming. However, when I see her on the other side, the grim expression she holds tells me I'm not imagining things.

Lucas makes a quick movement and I flash my eyes to him warily. He meets my eyes momentarily, and I catch something-I don't know what. He seems to shrug his shoulders back in a relaxing effect after he sees me, and he goes back to that smile that only Courtney and I can identify as fake.