Take You Down: Chapter Thirty Two

Recap: 

A pang of sweetness flows through my heart as I realize he must have been letting Jake win the entire time. All the while, when Jake was dribbling one foot at a time, Pablo could've stolen the ball and ran to another continent before Jake could get somewhat close to him again.

Pablo pulls back and fakes anger which has me smiling, "Ouch chico! We'll have to battle this one out."

Jake and Pablo grin at each other and I smile at them. They continue to bicker, but all I can see is their lips moving. I've zoned out of every little voice. Just watching them talk, not listen, makes me think of other things.

And at that moment, only two things are on my mind.

1. My brother is okay.

2. I'm in love with Pablo Remires.     

                                ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

                                                   Madison

A week has passed since Jake was released from the hospital.

They said he would take a slow and steady recovery, but of course, the first thing he wanted to do when he came home was play soccer with Pablo. We tried telling him no in the kindest way, and still, Pablo ended up carrying him upstairs into his room.

Soon after, Jake started getting better, his headaches decreasing. He was able to wake up on his own and we no longer had to fear that he'd be gone in the morning--in a coma of some sort.

"Jake don't touch my pancakes." I say without having to turn around to know what that silence means.

He groans and I hear the plate on the kitchen counter clatter softly. "I just want that blueberry!"

I open my mouth to speak, intending to tell him to get his own, when Pablo saunters into the kitchen, his hair spikey and wet.

"Hi Pablo!" Jake exclaims, directing his brightened gaze to him.

He grins and rubs his hair with his hand. "Hola chico. Are those for me?"

"Touch them and die." I state bluntly, whirling around to lean against the counter with a stern look on my face.

Pablo stops midwalk and throws his hands up in the air--something he tends to do a lot around me.

I roll my eyes and walk over to the plate to mark my claim. Grabbing a fork from the cabinet, I stab my pancake while looking right at him. He raises an eyebrow, his lips forming a smirk at the same time.

"I think she's in one of her crazy moods," Jake whispers quite obviously to Pablo.

I put the plate down and fold my arms across my chest, trying to fight back a somewhat amused smile of my own. Jake stares up at me with his lips sealed together and his arms behind his back like a little kid being told his punishment. Bending down, I cup my mouth to whisper in his ear.

"I think I'm in my crazy mood too." I say and then pull back to look at his expression, "You know what that means?"

In an instant, Jake sprints off with a loud war cry.

"You'll never get me!" He screams, running around the living room like a maniac who never injured his head.

I chuckle and exchange glances with Pablo before we both sprint around the counter to chase after him. When Jake hears both of our thudding footsteps, he screams again and starts running around the coffee table, his arms flailing around.