Epilogue

Two year later

Dear, Diary

Can you imagine being away from someone for so long that you feel as though you need that person? That's how I feel about Zaire. I haven't seen him in a year to be exact.. not because I'm avoiding him but because he's in jail.

A few days after my eighteenth birthday he was arrested, for attempted robbery.. something I wasn't fond of. But it's not my choice and as his girlfriend I'm going to do my best to support him. I recently turned nineteen and Eliza is now two.

I honestly didn't think  Zaire and I would get back together but before he left, he asked me to be his girlfriend again. Even though it's hard with him being away we make it work. I hope jail time changes him because he still has a lot to realize.

I went to see Zaire today.. he has another three years until he gets out. I took Eliza with me, which was a good but bad idea. She cried when it was time to go. But besides her tantrum, Zaire and I talked, he feels it's best that I move on.

I guess he's afraid that I'll eventually find someone new and move on anyway. That's not the case at all, I'm willing to wait for him and take care of things. I didn't agree to be his girlfriend again for nothing, I knew that there was possibility he'd be gone a while.

By the time the visit was over he kissed me and told me he loved me. I just hope I make it through these three years without him.

My dad and I are closer than before. He has even gotten better with his speech and shy behavior. We're happy and that's all that matters, it took me five years to find him. And every minute that I spent searching was well worth it.

I even started college, I'm hoping to become an orthodontist one day. I'm sure it will happen, with all the support I have now anything is possible.

Kidd and I are close like brother and sister close.. he had a small house built for my dad, Eliza and I and it's perfect. I can't thank him enough for all the things that he has done for my family.

Kidd and Zaire have worked through their issues and moved on. It was a process but they both realized that family is forever. And family is everything therefore life is so much better when you have people who love you by your side.

I still don't have many friends but that's ok, I like only having a handful of people in my circle. I'm content with the life that has been given to me. Things have started to get better for me and I'm appreciative of the little things.

I walked into the living room to see my dad reading Eliza her bedtime story. He truly adores her, it warms my heart to see them bond.. they are literally together all the time. She loves her pawpaw, that's what she calls him.

She sat on his lap with her head on his shoulder. I leaned against the door frame and listened as he read, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? One of their favorite books. He reads her that story at least twice a week and she never gets tired of it.

After about four pages she started to close her eyes. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck and said "I love you pawpaw" he smiled and kissed her forehead. Making sure to tell her he loved her too.. those two are my everything and more.

I watched him get up and take her up to her room.. but of course she wanted to sleep in her pawpaw's room. The only thing I could do was laugh and head to my own room..

I'm now learning to accept the life that was given to me and stop questioning why something had to happen to me. Being with my dad again has been the highlight of my life. Everything that I had to go through to get to this point only made me stronger. This journey wasn't easy but it was definitely worth it..

                       Sincerely Zanobia

*******THE END