Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Zayn’s POV

It’s been a day since the new Irish boy became my roommate, his name is Niall. He has this charm about him that makes it impossible to not be friends with him, it makes it impossible to hate him, and you just want to become friends with him. He had the power to light up a room by just walking in or smiling. The way his cheeks always seemed tinted red, it was just adorable! I don’t know, I think it’ll be fun having him as a roommate. He sure seems better than the other roommates I’ve had and the most trustworthy.

****

I sat at the edge of my bed watching the Irish boy, amused. He was looking himself in the mirror and fixing every bump in his shirt, and taking off inexistent specks of dust in his shirt. He then was fixing his hair and frowning.

“What?!” He turned around, facing me and crossed his arms looking at me sternly.

I raised my arms to prove my innocence, “Nothing, nothing! I-It’s just; it’s entertaining watching you get so caught up in this little party,”

Niall sighed heavily and sat in his bed across from mine, “I don’t know…It’s just I don’t want to make an awful first impression, I want people to like me, I want to make friends.”

I observed him; he was really stressed about this. Did he really think people wouldn’t like him? Who wouldn’t like him with his cute Irish charm and his cute little accent? Who wouldn’t like him, he’s so likeable!

Niall sat on the bed and placed his face in his hands and rubbed his face, “I feel pathetic for getting stressed about this…” He admitted.

I got off my bed and kneeled down on the floor in front of his legs. I placed my hands on his bed in either side of his body, “Hey, there’s nothing to bed stressed about, okay? Everybody is going to love you, if they don’t you can always show off your Irish dance moves, I bet you got some,” I said trying to lighten the mood. This boy really did bring my natural, fun side out instead of my façade of badness; he was a really good person to be friends with.

Niall took a deep breath and let it out through parted lips. He took of his hands from his face and mouthed a ‘thank you’ then he smiled a sincere smile. I patted his shoulder and got up. Then, like if it was set up there was a knock on the door.

“Harry!” I smiled at him widely.

Harry was my partner in crime; he was my best friend since high school. We quickly became friends in 11th grade; he was one of the only people who truly knew everything about me. I could trust him with anything, he was the one and only person I could trust with my secrets and whenever I need to get something off my chest I simply go to him and he doesn’t mind. Harry really is a great listener. I think he thinks the same of me, I mean, I hope he does. He’s told me many of his private life, including how he has a step-dad, but sometimes really misses his dad, and he also freely told me that he was gay, which I had no problem with. I’ve truly never had such a great friend like Harry. We’re also amazing for each other because we both have a thing for leather jackets and that sort of stuff; that’s one of the only reasons I started to talk to him in junior year, because he looked like a mini-me. He’s just one year younger than me, but he acts almost, almost as mature as me. I am still and I think always will be the most mature one out of the both of us. Harry is this little pervert, it’s quite funny actually.

“Malik!” He grabbed my hand and pulled me in a brotherly hug, “What’s up? Where’s Nina?” He pulled back and looked behind me and spotted Niall, “Oh, hi!” He smiled at him, politely, “You must be the new roommate!”