Chapter 17 (Date)

Your telling me that the man who kidnapped Lena who we thought was our grandfather was really our real grandfathers best friend who turned evil?"

"Yup."

"So the slave is our actual grandfather?"

"Yup"

"And the fake evil grandfather is really gone?"

"Yup"

"Well I think it's time for me to go " Luca stated pushing to his feet.

I smiled fainlty at him as he leaned down to kiss Valentina then Ambria's forehead. The two had really gotten attached to Ambria and I could tell she'd gotten attached to them too. I found it odd how Simon was so calm when Ambria would cry for Valentina or my uncle. He seemed to be distancing him self from her and that scared me.

I was also concerned about Ambria's parents. Didn't they want to see their baby? My uncle could handle being away from his little mate long enough for her to see her family.

But I never saw Simon on the phone and he had grown quiet over the last few days.

Blaze and Ambria had become great friends and it was rare to see them in separate rooms.

Blaze sat on my lap now his eyes furrowed in concentration as he played angry birds on Shadow's phone. I couldn't play the game myself seeing as I got frustrated easily with it and would end up throwing the phone.

Seven and Leo were up in their room their little baby boy Andrew was wrapped up safe in their arms. Seven had mellowed out slightly now that little Andrew was here but she was still her wild self.

Valentina helped her alot along with the other pack females who completely adored the little boy.

I have never seen my brother so soft. But when was with his son he was a completely different person. He wasn't the silent guy but the dotting father.

When I saw Leo with his son I thought to how Shadow treated Blaze.

Though Shadow obviously loved his son he wasn't.....involved in his life enough I guess. I mean how could Shadow be so blind to not see the abuse Amber had been giving Blaze. How could Shadow not know about Blaze's nightmares or how he was allergic to peanuts.

I nearly had a heart attack when I walked into the kitchen to see Shadow handing Blaze a peanut-butter sandwich.

Shadow had looked so ashamed and confused. He walked out the kitchen without another word and I didn't see him till we went to bed.

Shadow didn't take me out on a date that night. That morning we got into a argument and I finally made him see that he had to get help now. For him self, for Blaze, for me, and for his pack.

Grudgingly he went to counseling twice a week. He was really trying and I felt hope rise in me. He rarely had any nightmares any more and if he did I was there to calm him down. Or well you know distract him.

I yelped startled as Shadow suddenly picked me up around the waist and threw me over his shoulder.

"Blaze time for bed" Shadow said as if I wasn't hanging off his shoulder.

"But I just beat level 10" he whined.

"Blaze bed" I said slightly muffled.

I heard Blaze's angry huff followed by his little feet running up the stairs to his room.

Ambria had fallen asleep a couple minutes ago and was cuddled in my uncle's arms. Simon was watching them with a odd look on his face but it wasn't the usual angry expression.