Chapter 10 (Chains)

Lena Rose P.O.V

"Why didn't you kill Simon?" I asked later pulling my hair up into a pony tail.

He gazed at me heatedly from the bed his hands behind his head. He raised a eyebrow at my question.

"Do you want me to kill him trust me I wouldn't mind" He rumbled anger sparking in his eyes.

I sighed and crawled onto the bed and straddled him my knees on either side of his hips. He calmed slightly and placed his hands on my hips.

"I didn't attack him because I knew if I hurt him......it'd hurt you and I couldn't risk you hating me. Even my wolf understood that." he rumbled.

"I'm so sorry for making you angry. For having you think I would ever betray you. For having you feel you weren't enough for me." I whispered quietly.

He said nothing but leaned up and captured my lips. Soon the kiss grew heated but I pulled back shaking my head breathing deeply.

"Wait wait........I don't want to keep anything from you" I muttered placing a hand on his chest.

He frowned but pulled back slightly waiting for me to continue.

I swallowed and took a breath "I care about Simon......alot, but no where to what I feel for you." I assure quickly when I saw the flash of pain on his face.

"Simon has helpped many times in the past, more then he knows. An now he needs my help and I can't let a innocent girl be harmed. I'll have to go alone with Simon to help her."

I took another deep breath knowing the hardest part was coming.

"I don't want to keep anything from you so i want you to know that yes, at one point me and Simon were lovers but---"

I yelp as I was suddenly shoved off him and onto the bed. Quicker then I could process he flung the bedroom door open and was gone.

After the shock wore off I quickly pushed off the bed and ran after him but he was no where in sight. I tired to follow his scent but couldn't pick it up.

Frustration gnawed at me along with panic.

Why did he have to keep running off! I had wanted to explain everything and tell him that he could trust me and that Simon understood that I was taken now. But of course Shadow overreacted but I also knew it could also be due to his wolf.

I ran into the living hoping to find any trace of him but what I saw had me yelping in shock.

Two large men suddenly broke away from each other the shorter man blushing lightly. I hadn't expected that all and I stood there with wide eyes most likily looking like a deer.

Suddenly my mother came running in with laughter a angry man chasing her. Suddenly he caught her around the waist and threw her up into the air making her shriek.

I stared shocked at the childish behavior coming from my mother and these men.

"Oh come on Teddy Bear it was just a joke" My mother giggled.

The man or 'Teddy Bear' as my mother called him growled lightly and ruffled her hair setting her down.

"What ever short stuff just know one day I'll get you and you won't even see it coming"

My mother rolled her eyes and turned around spotting me. She jumped startled then smiled brightly running toward me. She hugged me tightly then pushed me slightly toward the men.

There were five of them now and I was feeling slightly unsettled not to mention my wolf was yelling at me to go find our mate.

"Lena met your uncle's and their mates" My mother beamed.