Chapter 6

I froze not knowing what to do.   

So this is it… This is how I’m going to die.

I closed my eyes tightly. Then suddenly I was forced onto the ground.

I opened my eyes to see Leo on top of me, crying.

“ Austin… I almost lost you.” He cried. At this point I started crying as well.

“ Leo, what happened?” I asked. “ I thought we got hit.”

“  We almost did. Until I pushed you.”

I’ve never been so close to death. The feeling was horrible. It felt like you seeing your worst feeling but two times worst. It’s like when you are half asleep and you have that dream where you fall of a tall building but wake up scared before falling because you thought you died.

That’s what it felt like but two times worst.

“ Thank you. So much Leo.” I cried. “ I could of just died.”

“ You’re welcome kid. I told you I would protect you. I wouldn’t let anything happen to you.” Leo said softly hugging me tightly. I was hugging him back. I was scared and lost in thoughts.

   We got up looking to see where the truck crashed at to see if we need the cops or anything.

But… Nothing was there.

      So… this means someone was trying to kill us.

We quickly got to my house before something else bad happens. When we went into the kitchen there was a note on the refrigerator.

              Dear Austin,

        I will be on a two month trip for work.

I left money for groceries and extra for whatever you want to do.

No praties, you can a friend over. Love you!

Love, Ma!

“ Okay, my mom isn’t going to be here for two months.” I said sighing. “ I have never been home alone before.”

  “ I can stay here if you like.” Leo insisted.

“ I mean I would like that but… What about your family at home?” I asked worried.

Leo chuckled a bit. “ Don’t worry they are never home. They won’t mind.”

I hesitate a minute. “ Okay.”