Chapter 5

I jumped up sweating and shaking. I see what time it was on the microwave.

             3:16am

I touch my back where I was stabbed.

Nothing.

I sigh. It was just a nightmare.

“ Austin? Are you okay?” Leo said tiredly.

Leo…

I hugged him tightly.  

 “ Not to tight there buddy.”

“ Sorry.” I apologized. “ I had a nightmare and I thought I lost you and all of them”

“ You won’t lose us okay?” Leo assured me. He hugged me. “ Now go to sleep.”

I laid back down with Leo’s arms wrapping back around me feeling safe again and fell asleep.

  Leo… You make me feel so different but… in a good way. What is this feeling?

Why is it only when I am with you?  What did you mean with you words? Why did you kiss my head?                             ...Is this all a dream?

              Is this Love?

You said you will make sure I am safe…

You said I never lose you or your friends…

You said…

 In the morning we all got some breakfast at Waffle House.

“ So, Leo, Austin do you want to explain why you two were cuddling?” Sean said with a smirk on his face.

 “ He had a nightmare. So I tried to comfort him.” Leo answered back rolling his eyes.

“Mhm. Sure,” Jeon commented and laughed. “ That’s not what Austin over there is showing.”

They were all looking at me. I looked down at the table so no one could see my face. I could tell my face saw red, I felt it burning, Leo saw that I was uncomfortable so he grab my hand under the table.

“ Guys, stop you’re making him uncomfortable.” Leo order quietly.

 “ Sorry Austin, I was playing. I didn’t mean it.” Jeon apologized.

                          “ It’s fine..” I said shyly.

After eating everyone started to go home.

“ Well, me and Sean are going home.” Justin said. Sean and Justin are step brothers so of course they live together.  

“ I better start going.” Neal sighed. “ I got to help my dad with house work. See you guys later.”

I waved them goodbye.

“ Imma go to work now.” Jeon said.

“ Where do you work at?” I asked curiously.

“ Bar.” Jeon said plainly.

“Oh... “ I said awkwardly. No wonder he was drunk yesterday.

So then again it was just Leo and I.

“ So, um… Do you want to come over or are you also busy?” I asked.

“ I’ll come. I have nothing better to do” Leo said smiling. His smile…  I thought. I smiled back and got up.

We started walking to my house and suddenly I hear a loud screeching sound. We looked back to see a truck coming are way. It was trying to hit us.

I froze not knowing what to do.   

So this is it… This is how I’m going to die.