Chapter 15 The Truth To Why

I wake up with Theo hugging me while he's asleep. I feel bad I shouldn't have taunted him like that... All well.

I walk down to get some breakfast. My dad is making some eggs.

"He sweetie want any eggs?"

"No." I say in a cold, harsh voice.

"What's wrong?"

I look around, and everyone is starring at me. "Can we talk I'm private?"

"Sure sweetie." He leads me outside.

"Now what's wrong?" He says a little worried.

"I know about your plan, dad." I say really cold.

"Sweetie... I..."

I cut him off. "Don't give me the same crap Theo gave me about it being too dangerous for me, and you don't want me to worry."

"But that's the truth." He says.

"I know Theo, and I know when he's holding out on me. So give me the truth. The whole truth."

Just then my mom walks out and ask, "Do guys want to eat now?"

My dad answers, "Yes!"

I pull him back and say, "No, not right now mom but thanks."

She leaves.

"Tell me. You're not leaving till you do."

He takes a deep breathe. "Okay... truth is they're after both of us..."

He stops, "Why?" I ask.

"Because you and I have something they want."

"What? What do they want?"

"Emily your genes are different than an average person, like me, and you have the power to be stronger than an average person."

"But why do they want me... err us?"

"Because we have the power to stop them."

"Stop them from what?!"

"Stop them from taking over the entire world."

"You gotta be kidding me." I look at him he looks serious. "So what I'm hearing is that they are the super villains and we are the super heroes?"

"In some way I guess yes." he answers me.

"Wait if I'm 'stronger than an average person' why can't I go?"

"Because Sweet Pea they want to destroy you and me, and if we send both of us than they can kill us both."

"Yeah but if we send both of us than we have twice the advantage to beat them."

He looks at me like a father would look at a 5 year child. "Emily you are not going! Do I make myself clear!?"

I look at him not in hate, but in dislike. "No! No father you haven't! I'm going for a walk!"

I run knowing he would chase me. I run till I know where I am, but my father doesn't.

I can't believe him. I get he wants to protect me , but I'm a grown up I can make my own decisions. I have been ever since he left.

---------------------------------------------Sorry if this is bad I had a hard time figuring how to write it. I've been thinking this story is going to end soon, but not too soon don't worry, but would you guys like me to make a sequel on Emily's and Theo's life after this? Comment what you think of this idea. And as always comment and vote. Thank You!