Chapter 10. Scars Don't Disappear.

Charles POV

Audrey wasn't the only one have a long night as it seemed, a light burning late a few halls away. Charles was sitting on a couch, a chess board in front of him as his mind raced. There was something about the little telepath that he enjoyed, and not only because she might have been one of the most stunning women he had ever laid eyes on. He was pondering what it was when he felt the first shiver of the power, ghosting over his skin and he shuddered. Lifting his head he glanced around as the second one hit, more intense then the first and he was on his feet. The door flew open and he jumped, not even aware that someone had been coming towards his door.

"Thank God you're awake." Hank exclaimed, looking frazzled and terrified at the same time, "We have a problem. Can you feel that?"

"Where is that coming from, that's raw power?" Charles shivered, another, stronger blast coming at him, raising the hairs along his arms and neck.

"It's Audrey." Hank blurted out and Charles moved instantly, heading out the door that Hank had opened.

Moving swiftly down the hall Charles rolled up his sleeves, nearly stumbling at the power that blasted out at him. It was coming in waves, like a storm on the ocean and it nearly took him to his knees. Raven came up next to him, the power hitting her and reverting her to her natural blue form.

"Charles what's wrong with her?" she asked, the worry in her voice and eyes amplifying his own.

"I believe she's having a nightmare." He gritted his teeth, the power hitting him harder.

"Help her Charles, please." Raven gasped, too much for her to take and she stopped, Hank helping her back.

Charles pushed forward until he was outside her door. It was eerily calm until he opened the door and watched the scene unfold in front of him. She was lying on the bed, face contorted in fear and pain and things were floating around her in a circle. Moving inside he shut the door, not wanting anyone to see her and start to fear her. The raw power that was in the room pressed against him, nearly taking his breath away. Getting closer he knew he had to break through to wake her up, not sure about how much more of this he could take.

There were three people sitting on chairs in front of you, blindfolds on their faces and you could feel their terror. Keeping your face passive you let the guards drag you into the middle of the room, their hand digging into your arms. Shaw came up to you, tilting your chin up with the tip of his finger, making you meet his glittering eyes.

"You can be defiant all you want my little love," he murmured, your spine straightening as you stared him down, your lips pressed together tightly, "We have ways to make you co-operate."

You kept quiet, staring him down. He moved across the room, standing behind the three chairs before pulling out a gun. Your eyes widened but there wasn't any other sign that you were affected. Raising the gun he held it to the head of the first person, obviously a woman by the way she began heavily weeping when she felt the cold metal against her skull.

"Read her mind or I'll put a bullet through it." Shaw said simply, cocking back the hammer of the gun.

Your breath was coming in shallow spurts, knowing he wasn't bluffing but wanting to stand your ground. You were tired of being tortured, tied up and beaten. Raising your chin you closed your eyes, not wanting to see anything.

"No darling. Eyes open." Shaw tutted, his voice still across the room, "I want you to see that your decisions have consequences."

You were determined to keep your eyes shut but a crackling noise informed you of what was about to happen to you. A zap hit your side and electricity ripped through your side, taking your breath and forcing your eyes open. You nearly crumbled to the ground but the guards grabbed you tightly, holding you up. As soon as Shaw saw the grey of your eyes he pulled the trigger, stopping the wailing of the woman and sending her slumping forward. Your eyes were frozen open now as he moved to the other woman at the other end, holding the gun to her head.