Chapter 2: element of surprise

Chapter Two: Element of surprise.

Damn it!, Naro warned me and of course me being who I am im gonna do the total opposite..Like I was gonna do something he told me to do right..not!. I walked close against him shivering and lead me down the street towards a restarant, his arms clutched me close mocking and scolding me for not wearing something warmer...He stopped talking and walking I looked up at him and tilted my head then looked towards where he was looking, Four men leaning against buildings staring at us like..sharks with a meal. Wait is that guys eyes glowing!, I looked at naro who had a serious look on his face. “Naro we're gonna be late!”i scolded trying to get him to move.

Naro looked down at me and nodded, he lead me right through the group trying to fast about it but I was more worried of why they were watching us. Finally we made it to the restuarnt..But those eyes were still dug into my memory, Naro and I were being lead to our table when I noticed those guys had followed us into the building and were getting a table far from ours. I hoped..No prayed that naro wouldn't notice them, I sat down and smiled at the woman who asked what we wanted to drink, I felt like just soda but I knew something was on Inaro's mind. “Earth to naro”i called softly and gently reached out to stroke his cheek but he stopped my hand and kissed it.

Naro looked at me and smiled gently. “Sorry..” “Who were those guys?” “Co-workers...” “Why were thay watching us ealier?” “..Baby your asking a lot of questions I can't really answer”he said those words that seemed to just ping my heart just a little. Naro kissed my hand softly before leaning over the table and kissed my lips. “Angel..I love you and I would do anything to protect you”. That ping had became even worse and I smiled at him. “I love you too”i whispered back, but was that truly how I felt because I just leanred his loved me like that just two hours ago. The waitress came and ruined my happy moment..Well not really ruined just kind of dimmer it abit, Inaro kept his hand on mine as we both looked at the food, Thank everything on earth that I had just finished learning french or Naro would have had to read it to me. We both ordered and suddenly another woman came by and set on the table infront of me a white rose, She said that the men at the other table had sent it over which sorta seemed sweet. There was a note attached: 

“happy birthday, miss Nell.

We heard it was your birthday so we had to give you the sweetest gift we could think of, Naro always said that you was his rose.

Sincerely, K-9 team”

I stared at the note and smiled. “Awe that is so sweet of them”i said to naro and waved at the boys, Naro took the note and read it before a look on his face frightend the hell out of me. “Nell listen to me carefully, do not look or even notice them. They are dangerous”he said softly, I blinked and looked at him. “Naro.” “Trust me” “Always” “then please listen to me”

I felt strange and noticed the men all smile before I went back to paying attention to Naro. “So what did you get? I got a steak with steak sauce and something else the last thing I remembered is it being strawberry..” “Strawberry salad with tomatoes and chicken slices” “How did you know?” “Read it too” “Silly man” “Silly angel” “Oh were playing word games now?” “Are we?” “We are” “I belive so” “Im gonna kick you one day” “And I will kiss you” “Awe” 

I leaned forward and kissed his lips softly, as I moved back he followed till the kiss broke with a silly grin on his face. I giggled and fixed my dress but I noticed that the men had somehow moved closer to us, I pretended not to notice them as our food came. Naro seemed to wonder about something and I seemed to blink. “Oh! The cake!”I said to him as I remembered that we had left the cake at the house where ever he had hidden it before. Naro chuckled and held up a finger. “ Don't worry about it angel, I got it” I giggled and began to eat my food, as we ate our food in silence I felt something hit our table. It was a wad of money with another note. Before I could grab It Naro took it and stood up. “I'll be right back darling”he said softly, I watched him walked to the mens table and drop the money with a few words before comeing back to our own. I felt worried that naro might get into a fight, it was a rare occurance but It could still happen. “Naro maybe we should-” “no lovely just eat, they are just causing trouble thats all” he said in a calm voice but I could still here the traces of anger coming in and out of his voice, I went back to eating still worried that he would get hurt.

I sat there waiting for him to finish, he stood up and smiled at me. “Stay right here”He whispered to me and left me at the table. One of the men came to the table and sat down once Naro was far away. “Nell  I want you know that your in a very dangerous place with that man.” The man spoke so softly and reached to touch me before a whistle came and he stood up quickly to leave. Naro came back and sat down with me, I wanted to tell him what happened but I was to scared to tell him. I knew he wasn't dangerous but I still didn't want him to know.

Naro came and sat down, he took my hand and began to softly kiss it. “Happy birthday angel”he said softly to me. A few moments later a group of waiters came to us and began to lower a large two layer cake and started to sing happy birthday to me, a blush crossed my face and ducked as everyone in the resturant started to sing. Naro grinned and looked at me as he stroked my hand as he kissed me once they said my age, he broke the kiss and smiled at me. I wanted to scream in embarrassment but I didn't feel like it cause the cake was absolutely goregous I would have loved to take a picture, Naro stroked my hand gently and made me laugh when he nipped on my cheek.

I blushed as everyone clapped and I smiled before standing up to cut the cake with naro, we shared it with the tables around us and soon sat down and began to nibble on the cake as everyone began to eat. After we finished Naro had given the rest of the cake away cause..Well I liked the cake but I have money and candy what else do I need?.

Me and Naro walked to the exit after paying, I wrapped myself around his arm and looked up at him. “We heading home?” “No sweetie we're going for a small walk before we head home” he said softly and I pouted before nodding. I followed Naro down the side walk, he stroked my hair and kissed my head. “Naro stop!”i whined as I kissed his cheek and decided to make him chase me down the side walk. We stopped in front of an ally, I stared down it. It looked so pretty and as if it was calling us all to walk down into it for whatever trap to take us, Naro seemed to consider letting it trap us.

Naro grinned and stroked my hair, he nuzzled me into his warmth. “Come on, lets walk in into it.  We will be able to see the sky and we will get home sooner”He whispered into my ear as I felt the heat from his breath on my neck which instantly made me give up way to much, I followed him into the ally slowly but something said once we got to the other side.

Again, if only I known what would happen. I wish I knew what really was going to happen to us...i could have saved us both.