Chapter 5

(I'm dedicating this chapter to ElizabethMacklin just for being the first person to fan me without knowing me)

Clinging to Ryan I hesitantly look towards the door expecting to see Jake but instead I see a girl with blonde hair and teal eyes. A girl I vaguely recognize from school. I search for a name. “Ashlynn Scott? What are you doing here?”

“Yep that’s me and I’m Ryan’s sister. Ryan why didn’t you tell me we went to the same school.”

I turn towards Ryan. “I didn’t know you knew each other and I didn’t know you went to the same school.”

“Yeah we know each other. We aren’t really friends but we know each other from school.” I say as he turns off my computer.

“Yeah” Ashlynn says as she walks over to a chair. “We know each other. And I should have guessed you were with Danny. Everyone could see a change in the schools smartest student.”

“What about you Miss Crazy. You used to be the calmest kids in our grade then you went all psycho on us. No one knows what to expect from you.”

“Well that’s what happens when you nearly die from an idiot stabbing you because you tell him you were pregnant with his kid. And then you lose the baby too. So yeah I really don’t care what the others think anymore. Life’s too short to plan everything and think about everything that could happen.”

“I guess I see where you’re coming from but I don’t want to change. I just want to get on with my life and try to move on.”

“Well change helps. And a great nice guy can help with that.” She cuts her eyes at Ryan and I swear I saw him blush.

He coughs as he gets up. “Well I’m going down to the cafeteria. Do you guys want anything?”

“Something that’s not hospital food for once.” I moan and he just chuckles.

“That’ll take longer.”

“I don’t care. I refuse to eat this crap anymore.”

Jake walks by the room. “It’s not crap.”

“Yes it is!” I yell back at him.

“Whatever!” He shouts back from somewhere down the hall.

“Bye Ryan. Go get my food.”

He walks out mumbling. “Bossy girl.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

“Uh huh you better not have said some smart remark.”

“Bye Rose.”

“Bye”

            I turn back to Ashlynn. And see her looking through the curtain covering the window to the hall. “Whatcha looking at?”

She turns around blushing. “Nothing. “

“Mmmhmm …are you sure you’re not looking at anything or should I say anyone?”

“What? No. I’m not looking at anyone.”

“Who is it?”

“No one.”

I raise my eyebrows at her and just stare at her till she finally caves. “Fine it’s a doctor. A really cute doctor.”

“Jake?”

“Who?”

“Young. Dark brown hair. Tall. Really cute.” Instead of answering she just nods her head. “That’s Jake.”