Chapter 3

I’m sitting on the hospital bed with Ryan right next to me with tears marking my face as their own. I convinced Jake to let me have my laptop since he’s making me stay here for a few days. Ryan hasn’t left my side even though he barely knows me. Not that I’m complaining, I mean he is seriously cute.

“Rose are you crying?”

“Of course I am. Jack just fell in the dark ocean while Rose floats safely on that door.”

“It’s just a movie that you’ve probably seen a million times considering the fact that it’s downloaded onto your computer.”

“So, he still could have lived. All she had to do was turn around that other way and let him climb up there too then they could both have survived but no she likes her feet too much to make them hang in the water.”

“It’s a movie. You can’t change it.”

“Yes I can”

“And how do you expect to change it?”

“I gonna go back in time and force her to move over.”

“How do you expect to… never mind I’m not even gonna ask”

We sit there in silence ‘til the movie ends.  “So what are we gonna watch now? We’ve already watched all of my movies since Jake won’t let me leave.” I say loud enough to hear since I know he’s lurking in the hall.

He pops his head in the door “Hey I heard that”

“You were supposed to”

I hear Ryan chuckle beside me and Jake must have too because he glared at him “Be quiet before I make you leave”

“You couldn’t make him leave if you tried and if you did I’d call your mom and say you’re being mean to me.”

“NO you wouldn’t”

“You know I would. She’s on speed dial.”

“Your mean” You think since he’s the same age as my brother would be he’d act a little older but no he acts like a little kid and it doesn’t help that he’s only 25.

“And you’re a big baby.” I stick my tongue out at him when he glares “Did you call Luke yet?”

“Yeah, but he can’t come home yet.”

“I could have told you that but no you’re too stubborn to listen to me.”

“Well I figured he’d want to come home knowing his baby sister is in the hospital.”

“It’s not an if he wants to it’s an if he can. I know he wants to he just can’t. You know he had to take over the company when mom and dad died.”

“Yeah I know”

“Sooo… when can I finally go home or are you just going to keep me held hostage in this sick house forever?”

“I already told you, you can leave Friday.”

“But it’s Monday. That means I have to spend my whole week here.”

“Well I’m not going to let you stay home by yourself.”

“I know how to take care of myself. I’m not 3!”

“But you are underage and technically I can’t let you leave without a guardian.”

“But you’re not just a doctor you’re my godfather. Can’t you just let me go home?”

“No, you’re too hurt to even walk. How do you expect to take care of yourself if you can’t walk?”

“I’ll have a friend help me!”

“And what friend would that be”

“Umm…” This is horrible. I can’t even name one friend. Have I really shut them all out?

“See, you’re staying here.”

“Umm she can stay at mine if she wants” Ryan says from his spot at my side. I turn and look at him in disbelief.

“Really?” I question in disbelief

“Yeah if you like” he turns to Jake “and of course if it’s ok with you sir”

I look at Jake hopefully. I really don’t want to stay at this place any longer than I have to.

“I guess that’s alright” I smile at him “but you can’t leave ‘til tomorrow and you have to promise you’ll call if you need anything.”

“Ok.”

“I mean it.”

“Ok.”

Just then the detectives walk in. “Dr. Williams. Mr. Montgomery.” She looks at both of them. Then she turns to look towards me. “Rosabella, I’m afraid we have some bad news.”

My heart rate speeds up. How can this possibly get worse? I can see her mask falter before she finally just gives up and walks over to the chair next to my bed and sits down. “Daniel seems to have skipped town after we questioned him.”

(A/N vote, fan, like please)