A Ray Of Light in my World of Darkness

(A/N If anyone actually reads this could you please vote and tell me what you think, thanks)

We're led to our table by a woman in a black dress. She can't be much older than me; maybe about Danny's age. He's 21 while I'm only 17. Currently on summer break. I look over at Danny; who's flirting hopelessly with her. We sit down and she slips him her number like I'm not even there. She walks off wiggling her ass way too much. A couple of minutes later a waiter walks over and smiles sweetly at me. He's cute; with his sandy blond hair and blue eyes. I smile politely back. "Hello, I'm Ryan and I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?"

"A coke, please."

Danny glares at him "A Bulleit Neat."

Oh great! He's drinking again. This is never good. The guy walks off and I pick up a menu to avoid Danny's glare. Ryan eventually comes back with our drinks and takes our orders. Shortly after Danny's messing with his phone. A couple messages later and he gets up with the lame excuse that he has to go to the bathroom. But I know what he's really doing. He's in the bathroom, but he's not using it. Ryan walks over about 15 minutes later with the food. "Where's Danny?"

I look at him puzzled. "You know him, Ryan."

"Yeah, unfortunately I do. He dated my sister last year. I just hope he doesn't treat you like he does her."

"Why don't you sit down? Ryan's gonna be gone for a while anyway."

He sits down. "What's your name?"

"Rosabella"

"So Rosabella, I can see that he cheats whenever he has the chance."

"Yeah"

"But does he hit you?"

"What? Why would you think that?"

"I told you he dated my sister. He beat her all the time. She'd always have a bruise somewhere. In the end she had to get a restraining order. So, how much are you covering up tonight."

"Way too much" I decided it would be easier to show than tell, so I lift the shirt I'm wearing to reveal up until about an inch below mu chest. This reveals the horrible purple bruise that covers my whole stomach. I stand up and turn around showing him the one on my back. I pull my shirt down. I lift my skirt to about mid-thigh revealing bruises on both of my legs. I sit back down looking at the floor. "Don't tell anyone, please."

"How long have you dated him?"

"About a year"

"It's just gonna get worse"

"I know. I want to leave him but I'm scare. Last time I told him I was leaving him he beat the shit out of me." I look back up at him.

"You don't deserve that."

"I know"

He looks over his shoulder and stands up. "I should go now."

I follow where he was looking and see Danny coming out of the bathroom. He hands me a napkin "Call me if you need anything. I don't care when or where you are just promise you'll call."

I barely know him but I have a feeling I can trust him. "I promise. "

He walks away right before Danny gets to the table. He completely ignores me and just eats his food.

About an hour later we leave. As soon as we're in the car he starts. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING TALKING TO HIM?!?"

"Nothing, just talking"

"YEAH WELL I THINK YOU WERE FLIRTING!"

"I wasn't flirting with him."

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING PLANNING A TIME YOU COULD FUCK HIM!"

This time I dare to look at him. "YOU KNOW DAMN WELL I WASN'T! UNLIKE YOU I DON'T CHEAT!" I raise my voice. Oh crap did I just say that out loud.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!?" He raises his hand and smacks me across the face. "DON'T YOU EVER RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME; DO YOJU UNDERSTAND?"

I feel the blood seeping out of my mouth. I raise my hand to my mouth and feel the warm liquid spread across my fingers. "We're done." I didn't scream it at him like I should have. I reach for the door handle and throw the door open but before I could step out of his bright red Ferrari he grabs me by my long brown hair.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE BITCH. YOUR MINE AND YOU GAVE UP YOUR CHOICE TO CHOOSE WHEN YOU AGREED TO GO OU T WITH ME!"

I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head as he pulls my backwards. "GET OFF OF ME!" I turn the best I can; trying to ignore the pain and try to get him off of me but it's no use he's too strong. I see something shiny between the seats. His knife; I should have known he always keeps it there. I grab it before he can guess what I'm doing and for a brief second I think about cutting him but that's no uses he'll still hold on so I cut the next best thing, my hair. In one quick movement I cut the hair he's holding. Before he can respond to what I've just done I run out the door and start to run back towards the restaurant. I hear his footsteps behind me.

"GET BACK HERE! YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU NEVER DID THAT!"

I pick up my speed but it's hard to run in these damn heels. I feel myself falling. Once I hit the ground he's already there. He flips me over and I can see the anger in his eyes. "YOU" punch "STUPID" punch "FUCKING" punch "BITCH" punch "I" punch "TOLD" punch "YOU" punch "YOU'LL" punch "ALWAYS" punch "BE" punch "MINE" punch "NO" punch "MATTER" punch "WHAT YOU FUCKING SAY!" He stands up and then proceeds to kick me in the side numerous times. I can feel the world going black but force myself to stay awake. I don't want to see his face anymore so I just close my eyes. He must have thought I passed out because I hear his footsteps as he walks away then the sound of his doors slamming shut. I few minutes later he speeds off. I open my eyes once more but I still feel the hopelessness of trying to stay awake but I need help or I might not make it through this.

So here I am again; throbbing and bloody. My so called boyfriend has beaten me up again and left me lying in the street. I'm done with him this time. This was completely uncalled for. He nearly killed me and I didn't even do anything wrong. Yet all I can think about is how it's finally over. I really need help so I slip my phone out of my pocket. Luckily it didn't fall out or break. I flick trough my contacts till I find the number I secretly put in my phone during dinner. Ryan. I push call and painfully put the phone up to my ear. After three rings I hear his voice "Hello?"

"Ryan"

"Rosabella"

"Yeah I need help"

"Where are you?"

"About 6 miles down the road from the restaurant."

"Ok just stay there I'm on my way."

"I can't really go anywhere"

"What happened?"

"Danny" I feel like I'm going to pass out at any minute.

"How bad are you?"

"I'm so tired."

"No Rose stay with me. Just keep talking till I get there."

"Rose? I like that name. Danny never gave me a nickname."

"Ok Rose I'm in my car now." I hear an engine start and tires squeal as he pulls out of the parking lot. "What side of the road are you on?"

"Neither"

"What?"

"I'm in the middle of the road."

"OK I'm just about there."

I don't have the strength to answer him this time. "Rose are you there?" My eyes slowly shut "Rose don't you dare go to sleep." I see headlights; Tires on the blacktop; a door open; footsteps running towards "Rose! Oh god Rose, what's he done to you?" I open my eyes slightly and see Ryan's gorgeous face looking down at me. My eyes fall shut again and darkness consumes me.