Chapter 2

(A/N Please Vote and comment. And if you could please tell others 'bout my story. Also the dream below is one I actually I just changed the names. And Tasha this is dedicated to you for always being there for me.)

I’m riding on the back of my purple unicorn, Stardust, through the meadow of glow in the dark lilies when something horrible comes out of the woods. A shit load of zombies are coming straight towards us canting “brains, brains, brains…” I see the castle but a hundred feet in front of us but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere and is the castle moving backwards. Someone yells from a tower “Princess Rosabella quick. You need to get behind the castle wall.” Stardust tries desperately to speed up but it’s no use. They’re surrounding us. Stardust stops. “I’m so sorry Stardust if I never would have disobeyed Luke you’d be safe inside with Midnight” Then out of nowhere I hear a voice yell “Don’t you dare give up on me Rose!” I look up and see my night on shining armor with his shining yellow hair and sparkling blue eyes. I see him unsheathe his sword and start to cut into those horrible monsters. He beheads the last of them. Steps up to me and wraps me in his arms. He’s leaning his head down towards mine when I hear a faint beep…beep…beep…

…beep…beep. I really wish someone would stop that noise. Bright lights are shining down on my eyelids and I smell that weird smell associated with hospitals and doctors’ offices. I open my eyes slightly but the light hurts and I’m forced to close them again.  I try to sit up but yell out on pain.

“Shhh don’t sit up.”

That voice. Ryan. I open my eyes again and try to focus my eyes on the person next to me. “Ryan? Where am I? What happened?”

“You’re in the hospital. Danny left you in the road for dead and you called me. You don’t remember.”

The events of last night flash through my mind. “I remember. He’s not here is he?”

“No but can you tell me what happened to make him nearly kill you.”

“Well after we left the restaurant he accused me of cheating on him with you. I yelled at him. He hit me in the face. I dumped him. He grabbed my hair. Oh god my hair. It’s ruined. I had to cut it to get away from him.” Tears pour out of my eyes remembering what he did to me.

“Shhh it’s ok. It can be cut.”

“But I haven’t had it cut since they died. She always cut my hair.”

“Since who died?”

I don’t know if I should tell him but I feel like I need to. “My parents”

He grabs my hand and tries to wipe away my tears. He looks like he’s about to talk when a woman and a man walk in. “Hello Rosabella.” The woman says. “I’m detective Rene’e Young and this is my partner detective Chris Turner.”

“Hey”

“We’d like to ask you a few questions about what happened to you last night.”

I look up at Ryan “You called the cops?”

“Well yeah I did. I’m sorry but I couldn’t just let him get away with what he did.”

“Thank you” A tear slips out of my eye and he wipes it away. I try to sit up again but can’t.

“I don’t think you should sit up. You might have broken something”

“Actually nothings broken just badly bruised.”

I look back over towards the door. “JAKE! WHEN DID YOU GET HERE! WAIT DIDN’T YOU MOVE ACROSS THE COUNTRY ALL THE WAY TO DELAWARE!”

“Yeah but I’m back now.”

“Can someone help me sit up?” Ryan helps me sit up and I motion Jake towards me. “I need a hug. God I ain’t seen you since the funeral. So what’s it been 3 years?”

“About that.”

I look back at a confused Ryan and the detectives. “Oh right sorry. This is Dr. Jacob Williams. My mom’s best friend’s son and my god brother.”

Ryan holds out his hand and Jake shakes it. “Nice to meet you Dr. Williams.”

“The pleasure’s mine and call me Jake. Any friend of Rosabella’s is a friend of mine.”

I detach myself from Jake and turn my attention back to the detectives. “Sorry detective Young and Turner what would you like to know?”

Jake stands up and walks over to them “Here are the papers you requested.”

“Thank you Dr. Williams.”

“No problem” he looks back over at me “are you ok? Do you want me to call Luke?”

“Luke’s out of town.”

“Oh would you like me to stay?”

“That’s okay Jake. I’ll be ok and I’m sure you have other patients to attend to” and right on cue a nurse walks up.

“Dr. Williams there’s a woman here in need of immediate surgery.”

“Ok thank you Jessica. I’ll be right there.” He starts to walk out the door then looks back at me once again. “Oh and Rosabella I’ll be back later.”

“Okay Jake.” With that he walks out and hurries down the hall.

“Now Miss. Stevens what exactly happened last night?” Rene’e asks.

I tell her what I told Ryan. She was mostly quiet through the whole thing but Chris on the other hand looked as if he wanted to kill someone. I wonder if he has kids. I finish my story and realize I grabbed Ryan’s hand sometime during my story. “Has he ever done anything like this before?” she asks.

I look down as I answer “Yes but never this bad”

“How long has this been going on?”

“Since about a week after we started dating. So, around a year.”

“When was the last time he hit you before last night?”

“The night before.”

“Can you give us his full name and address?”

Before I can answer Ryan does “Daniel Lee Markers and he lives at…”

“And how do you know him Mr.…”

“Montgomery. Ryan Montgomery. I know him through my sister who dated him before Rose did. He treated her the same way. We had to get a restraining order against him.”

“Thank you. We’re going to go pick him up for questioning. Bye Miss Stevens, Mr. Montgomery.”

“If you need anything else just ask.”

“Of course, Miss Stevens. We’ll keep you informed.”

They leave the room and Ryan helps me lay back down on the bed. He held my hand in silence, eventually just falling asleep.