Chapter 8

Isn't life and love supposed to be an easy thing. Aren't your teenage years supposed to be the happiest of them all, no worries or concerns. I should be thinking about grades not crazy vengeful ex's. I shouldn't be in the situation I am now. I should have parents to run to when things get tough but I have no one. No friends, no parents, no one I can really count on that's next to me. My brother is too far away. I hate this. I shouldn't be thinking about the guy sitting next to me nervously tapping the steering wheel to some unknown beat. I can't take the silence anymore so I reach for the radio. Something touches my hand and sends warm tingles up my arm. It's Ryan's hand. Oh god what's with the tingles. "Sorry" I hear him mumble from the drivers seat.
I look over at him and see his face bright red. Is he blushing? Why would he blush? "It's okay?"
I continue to look at him but he says nothing just continues to stare out the windshield. God why does he have to be so cute? Why can't I look like Michelle?
"Ryan?" I say still looking at him.
"Yeah?" He responds glancing over at me before looking back at the road.
"So...Michelle's pretty..." Great going Rosabella. Just go and ask about the girl that's definitely prettier than you. Why'd I even say that ?
"Eh I guess so."
Huh? "You don't think so?" I deadpan. I mean seriously is he blind or something.
"Not really my type."
"You're obviously her type."
"Huh?" He looks over at me confused.
"She likes you. How come guys never see that?"
"She doesn't like me. We're just friends."
"You might see it that way but she doesn't. She was all happy when you said I wasn't your girlfriend." I mumble the last part but he obviously still heard it.
"No she didn't."
"Yeah she did. Her eyes lit up as soon as you said it."
"We're just friends." He says again.
"Okay" I give up and look out the window. This argument just isn't worth it.
He sighs and turns on the radio.
I listen to the soft hum of the radio playing Without You by Hinder. Oh how this song fits. I never really thought I'd leave Danny. I thought I'd be heartbroken by leaving him but I'm actually happy. I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore. I read somewhere that you're supposed to know if someone is the one when you first meet them. I thought I knew. I thought I had that epiphany when I met Danny but I was wrong. Now I don't know if I can trust my judgement anymore.
I feel a vibrating in my pocket and pull out my phone. I stare at the message.
Unknown number: Hey how are you?
Me: Who is this?
Unknown number: A long lost best friend that made a stupid mistake by abandoning you and is deeply sorry.
Me:Alexis?
Unknown number: yea... I'm sorry for leaving u. I was stupid and pissed u wouldn't listen to anyone. Forgive me?
Me: I can't forgive you that easily. U were my best friend, practically a sister and u just left. I had to deal with Danny by myself. You were horribly right by the way.
Alexis: can we meet up and hang out? I want to apologize in person. I wanted to talk to u sooner but I didn't have ur new number and u just ignored me in school.
Me: idk I guess we could but I'd have to find a ride. I can't drive right now. When did u want to meet?
Alexis: sometime tomorrow?
Me: sure around 2 I guess... The café
Alexis: okay

I put my phone away and turn back towards Ryan "Hey, Ryan?"
"Yea" he doesn't even glance at me as he pulls into a restaurant.
"Do you think you can take me somewhere tomorrow afternoon?" I nervously ask.
"Sure. Where?"
"A café in town..."
We walk into the restaurant and it looks really nice. Were taken to a table and we eat in silence for a while until our food gets there. The food is to die for and I can't help but think that this would have been a perfect date. In the low light he looks incredibly handsome. Oh god, what's happening? No it can't be possible I can't be possibly be falling in love with someone I've just met.

----------------------------------------------
TashaTurtle I'm sorry this took forever. Hopefully the next one won't be so long overdue. I need to actually write and not give up. Oh and look it's Gir cause obviously who can't love him :p