Chapter 8

It was back to school again today.I got up showered and changed into a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans and a navy blue tank top. I brushed my hair and put it up into a pony tail. I skipped down stairs instantly smelling bacon. Yum bacon!

"Hey mom," I said happily reaching into the pan to grab some bacon.

"Shoo!" she smacked my hand away from the pan. I whimpered slightly and my mom laughed knowing I really wanted bacon.

"Hey ba- Alex," Brice said catching himself quickly as he sat down at the table,"Morning Mrs. Galway."

My mom laughed shaking her head. I ignored the fact that he was most likely going to call me babe or baby. I know he's my mate but it still I don't really want a mate yet. I also don't want to reject him though. It's complicated!

"You can call me Helen," she smiled at him,"bacon?"

I scowled at her,"Hey over here?"

"You tried to take it out of the pan you get yours after everyone else," she said smiling. I grunted at her displeased muttering a 'whatever!'

"Thanks," Brice took six pieces of bacon! Can you believe that? He should be called a pig not a wolf! When my mom turned to serve my dad Brice handed me three pieces of bacon.

"I love you!" I said happily standing up and hugging him. He laughed smiling with an unknown emotion in his eyes.

"Man if I knew giving you bacon would make you love me I would have given it to you sooner."

"I take that back then...I need more bacon for me to love you," I said smirking.Brice rolled his eyes shoving more bacon into his mouth.

Alpha Cooper and Luna Marry walked in smiling at us. My sister rolled her eyes.

"You two are sad!" she took a bite of her bacon. I glared her but didn't say anything. I was to tired to argue with her at the moment.

"You guys almost ready?" asked my dad after we finished breakfast.

"Yup," I said happily running to go get some shoes. I put on my running shoes and ran out to the car. I got in and my sister showed up shortly after.

"Get out it's my turn to sit in the front," she stated hands on hips.

"No it was your turn yesterday."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"How about I sit in the front?" Brice piped up with hope laced into his voice.

"NO!" we shouted turning to him and he held up his hands in defence.

"Geez," he opening the back door and got in putting on his seatbelt.

"Dad it's my turn to sit in the front get her out!" Taylor said stomping her foot as our dad approached the car.

"Alex sit in the back with Brice please I'm to tired for this," he said and I groaned but got out. I sat beside Brice and felt his gaze on me every once in a while as I looked out the window at all the trees passing. Since I had shifted two days ago for the first time I haven't shifted since. I really should shift soon it looks like so much fun running through the woods. The wind flowing through my silky fur. The plants, animals insects etc. All of it sounded so perfect.

We arrived at school and got out of the car. Again people stared at us and I stayed back not liking all the attention. I walked behind Brice with my head ducked. Brice stopped and I ran into him. I looked up and he smiled down at me.

"Careful there," he smiled. I noticed a group of some of his friends standing my the steps to the school where he had just stopped. I moved so Brice was hiding most of the stares from everyone passing.