The Half-Submerged, Murderous Rainforest

Jungle Noise, Ocean Waves, Binaural Harmonic Generator

Trees up to the stratosphere and shrubs bigger than a grizzly bear meet and pass the apparent shoreline that is facing the abuse of a very agitated sea. It's rainy season here, and most of the forest is flooded. Of course, that certainly hasn't bothered the wildlife. Frogs almost as big as cats are croaking and burping steadily from their vantage point, and birds at least twice as large are chatting across branches almost conversationally, like fifties suburban housewives

'Hi, Jean, how's the family?'

'Fine, Charlotte, just popping down to the water to grab some fish.'

'That's nice, tell Jack I said hello.'

'Will do.'

Not the slightest bit ruffled by the pelting rain. What doesn't have wings had gills here, sometimes both, if possible. 

Even on the high ground it's so muddy a grown man would sink up to his ankles or further in a clearing. It's easy to get stuck, and even easier to get eaten. There's some bloodthirsty fauna here... and flora! 

There's a steady reverberation in the air, and at it's quietest is almost subliminal, and at it's loudest gives an unsettling but not unbearable feeling of pressure on the ears and seems to try to do the heart's job for it. The air seems to rumble with some sort of static electric flow. Something about the wood in the trees seem to work like antennas, pumping the unreleased lightning from the thunderstorms into the ground. The trees are unnaturally warm to the touch, and tingle a little, because of this. Hair of any type will take only a few seconds to begin to take on a life of it's own, with a particular attraction to the trees.

The coloration of the flora is also a point of novelty, as it seems to reside everywhere on the spectrum but green, suppose it's because the sun is of a different mix than the one those of the Milky Way disposition, as is the air (the clouds are a near-luminescent yellow color and look like cotton candy that's a bit too old and stale), being a bit sour to the taste though perfectly fine to breathe, if you're not prone to some obscure allergy. Blues and red splotches on jet-black, cracked, veiny, vine-ridden pillars are the trunks of the trees, with dark orange leafs from the size of floormats to the size of postcards. Shrubs pop up purple, yellow, brown, grey, white.

The flowers are surprisingly dull-colored, but are all very beautiful... until the distance is a bit too small to overlook the discoloration around the water or ground and the sickly strong smell doesn't quite overpower the stench of have-digested carnage. The rainy season is long, and the sunny season is short and infrequent, so even the plants have a taste for protein as well as a masterful patience to spend waiting for it... not that they have to wait long... they grow at an alarming rate that almost negates the need for independent movement, and the scent will make anything that can smell or taste near delirious.

With the proper precautions, a short visit is memorable and fascinating, as the environment is an aesthetically enthralling sight. Without however, or even with but extended over even a single night, it can prove perilous. Naturally it's not a prime place for a vacation, and no race can deduce how to go about sending a proper exploration team to study it without a body count, so most of the geography and biology of the place is unknown.