Lots on my Mind

~Mitch's POV~

Finally, Hannah knew. No more hiding the pain I had felt for so long.

But the question was, how would she feel knowing all this?

I was worried she would never look at me as myself anymore. She would just see a weak link. Not a funny YouTuber anymore. Just... a loser.

"Mitch, I'm so sorry. And I guess my story is just kinda boring compared to yours," Hannah had said, after she was done sharing her half of the story.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," I sighed.

I heard a lock click upstairs, and a door creak open.

"Can we continue later?" Hannah pleaded.

"Of course," I smiled.

Jason came downstairs sleepily. "What're you talking about?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, nothing," I shrugged.

"Sure," he rolled his eyes, trudging to the kitchen. He grabbed a breakfast bar, and sat down on the sofa, turning on the TV to the action news.

"Well, I better go record something," I decided. I picked up a Greek yogurt in the kitchen, and headed upstairs.

But not before hearing the first story on the news.

"And last night, at 10:29 p.m., two people, a man and woman, were caught outside of the Dalton thrift store. They had guns in hand, and were supposedly going to break in. This couple was identified as Mindy and Martin Winters, the same couple that had been in the midst of a search for their abused child, Hannah, earlier this month. They were caught and placed under custody for wielding weapons and child abuse, an earlier case in which they had been arrested for previously. They are once again in Dalton Prison, serving their lives for child abuse. More on this story to come," the news anchor announced.

"WOO! My parents were arrested!" Hannah got up and cheered, pumping her fists in the air.

"Wow, that's not something you expect to hear," Jason laughed, flipping the channels.

"Eh, whatever. NO MORE WORRIES!" Hannah exclaimed, a broad smile on her face.

"Woo-hoo, lucky you," I muttered sarcastically under my breath.

I still had a lot on my mind. Some of which (don't tell her,) had something to do with Hannah.

Actually, a lot to do with her.

I continued up the stairs, turning the corner to my recording room.

I plopped down in my spinny, black chair, and turned on my mic.

"Hey doods, Mitch here or BajanCanadian today for another awesome episode of the Hunger Deans," I began my intro.

~~~

~Hannah's POV~

The day seemed to drag on. He was the only one I felt like I could really talk to. The only one that really understood what I had been through, because frankly, he had been through it, too.

At lunchtime, I made two sandwiches (mind you, none of you realize how difficult making a sandwich with one arm can be, much less making two) and brought one up to Mitch. He was wrapping up editing his footage, so I felt like giving him some company.

"Baloney?" Mitch asked, eyeing the sandwich suspiciously. "You trying to poison me?"

"What do you mean?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't like baloney, but I was just joking anyways," Mitch laughed slightly.

"Well, excuse me. We were out of bacon!" I defended myself jokingly.

"I just bought some!" Mitch reminded me with a pouty face.

"Yes, I know, but you do realize there's a bacca in the house, right?" I chuckled. He sighed.

"That thieving bacca!" he snapped his fingers. "He needs to keep his little furry hands off my bacon!"

Jerome had apparently heard this from down the hall, and stomped out of his room.

"Well, what's a bacca to do when all you're giving him is breakfast bars for his meals? Survival of the fittest is not the case here! I need some meat!" Jerome rubbed his belly, sending Mitch and I into fits of laughter.

"I find it interesting how you're both laughing at my pain. I'm leaving," Jerome pouted, walking sadly out of the room.

"Eh, he'll come around," Mitch decided. He turned back to me.

"So, what do you need?" he asked.

"What're you talking about?" I tilted my head. "You're still hanging around here, I figured you needed something. Otherwise, you would've gone back downstairs by now," he stated.

"Oh, yeah! I thought we were gonna continue our little conversation from this morning," I told him, blushing slightly, since I had forgotten to remind him about that.

"Sure! Sit down," Mitch said, patting a spot on his bed with his hand. He hopped out of his swivel chair, and sat down next to me.

"What do you wanna talk about?" he asked. I shrugged. "Anything, I guess."

"Okay, um..." Mitch thought for a moment.

"Can I just say I feel terrible for you?" I interrupted, immediately wishing I hadn't.

"Wait, why? Hannah, I told you, there's absolutely no reason to," he reminded me.

"I know, it's just..." I drifted off, staring into Mitch's eyes.

"It's just what?" he smiled, looking back at me.

"It's just..." I couldn't finish the sentence. It was a lot. Everything.

Slowly, I noticed Mitch had inched closer to me.

Then, I backed away. No. This won't happen. Not in a million years.

"Look, I forgot, I promised to meet Neryece in the park," I lied. I had to get away and think for a little. I abruptly stood up, making my way to the door.

"You sure?" Mitch asked, following me.

"Yes," I replied sternly, and left his room, slamming the door in his face.

Not on purpose, it's just that mixed emotions don't settle well with me.

I ran downstairs, out the front door, and down the street to the park, not stopping my sprinting until I was on the mulch.

I sat down on a park bench, and shoved my head in my hand.

I wanted to cry, but I didn't know why.

I felt like I had been sitting there for only a few minutes, before the sky decided to open up and pour. There was a monsoon of rain coming down on me, and thunder cracking somewhere off in the distance, but I didn't care.

I just sat there in the rain, letting some tears stream down my face.

I was crying for Mitch, for all his pain. I was crying for myself. I was crying for everyone. For everything. Just having a full-blown pity party.

I was practically sopping wet when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

I looked up.

"Mitch, I-" I stuttered.

More thunder. The rain got heavier.

Boom.

Crack.

Lightning.

"No need to say a word," Mitch assured me, giving me a pat on the back.

"But I..." I tried to come up with some excuse for leaving him, but nothing came.

At least he was here now.

(Author's Note:  I made a Wattpad account in 2012, but I forgot the password, and yeah. I got back into it, so I have been spending some time on it! I made a few covers for friends and such. LemonLion

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!)