The Only Good Thing

Tris's POV
     I've been sitting and pacing in the hospital for hours now with my parents, waiting for a doctor, any doctor, to come out and say that Tobias is okay. The doctors have had to get his heart pumping again, slow it down, speed it up.
    "Tris," Zeke says. I look up at him. My mom us asleep with her head on my dads shoulder, but he's wide awake. "You should go get something to eat, or at least try and get some sleep."
    "I'm fine," I tell him. He tilts his head to the side. "Fine, I'm tired and starving, but I don't want to leave until they give at least some news."
   "Well I'm gonna run down to the cafeteria and get us something. You want water?" I nod in response and thank him. My dad reaches over and squeezes my hand.
    "You didn't know he had to take meds?" He asks me. I shake my head. "I'm sure he'll make it, sweetheart." I forcr a grateful smile at him. No matter how many times I had told them that they should leave, I'm happy their didn't. I'd be an even bigger mess than I am without my dad here right now.
    "I hope so," I say. Just as I say that, the doctor that has been updating me comes out and gestures me over. I let go of my father's hand and walk to her.
    "He's awake and in a room. He has memory, but not of what happened. They're currently trying to reduce his heart rate. I'll have someone notify you when its okay to see him," she tells me. I let out a small breath of relief, but I won't loosen up until I actually see him for myself.
    I go back to my seat to see my mom now awake with my dad. I smile at them. "He's awake. They said I should be able to see him soon," I tell them. My mom covers her heart with her hand, sighing.
    "Thank the lord. How do you feel now knowing he's awake?" She asks.
    "Better, but just a little bit. I won't be perfect until I see him," I say. Zeke comes walking back in with the food.
    "You seem...lighter. Did the doctor come back?" He asks, handing me a bag and my dad one too.
    "Yeah. He's awake, but their trying to calm him," I say. He smiles, clapping his hands together.
    "He's lucky to have you, Tris. We all are," he says. "And I'm blessed to have you as a little cousin."
    "Please don't say that," I tell him with a cringe.
    "Never, Trissypoo." I roll my eyes.
    "You can come see Four now," a doctor comes out and tells me. Zeke smiles at me again, getting out of my way.
    "You've been here all night too. You can go see him first," I say. He's about to object but I beat him to it. "Go. I need to eat and prepare myself anyways." With that he jogs down the hallway.
     ××××××
     I throw my trash away and sit back down. I gave my apartment key to my parents for the night so they could get some sleep. Zeke comes out with smile on his face. Good.
   "He wants to see you. Night, Tris," he says. He hugs me goodnight and walks out. I make my way to the hospital room, my anxiety building.
    "Hey," he says when he sees me. They've IV's all around him. He's shirtless, but that has no effect on me right now. "I'm so-"
    "I'm not mad. I just want an explanation. I don't want to believe that you would actually try and kill yourself," I tell him. He reaches out for me to take his hand. When I do, it feels like I finally breath again. I sit down on the chair next to his bed.
    "I didn't mean to overdose. I had to take those meds when I first got here for anxiety and had to take them again this morning. I was so in my head that didn't care how many I was taking. I wouldn't leave you, not like that."
    I close my eyes, taking in a sharp, deep breath. "You know you died a few times? I ask.
   "Than I must be as good as I am bad, cause I didn't experience anything during that time. No heaven or hell for me," he says, trying to joke when I'm taking this seriously.
    "You can't do that to me again. I-I was terrified that I was going to loose you." He pulls my arm, making me come closer to him.  
    "Its gonna be hard to get rid of me now, Love," he says with a small smirk. I lean down and kiss him gently.
    "I love you."
    "I love you too."

AN: He's okay guys. I couldn't hurt him. I was genuinely planning something bad to happen, but I couldn't. I love him too much. Please go check out my story Spanglish, I'm working VERY hard on it and I would very much appreciate it if you would give it a chance. Comment and share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Vaeh