Make It Real - Chp 27 [Erin]

“Do you promise you won’t tell him?” Eli begged of me, using his wide gorgeous blue eyes to plea with me.

I smiled cheekily at him, curling my hair that to my joy was growing out finally “I don’t know….” I trailed off singing.

“C’mon! If you don’t tell Liam I watched Beauty and the Beast I’ll get you anything you want in the world!” eight year old Eli begged of me with wide eyes, looking utterly anxious at the thought of Liam finding out he watched the movie with me.

I wonder what he’d say if he found out that I had forced Liam watching that movie with me more than five times and by now he could actually quote it….

I sighed dramatically as I giggled at the end “Alright! Next time you go buy lollies with Liam you gotta buy me!” I declared excitedly.

Eli nodded “Okay, okay. How many?”

“The entire shop!” I declared with an excited cry.

Eli’s mouth dropped “I can’t afford that much! I’m not rich!” he protested.

I scrunched up my nose “You should be!” I mumbled bitterly before sighing in defeat “Fine, buy me whatever, but there better be a bag full of them!”

Eli nodded “Okay! Okay! Double Promise?”

My nose bunched up “What’s a double promise?” I asked confused looking at his outstretched hand warily.

“It’s a promise for eternity!” he cried, his eyes lighting up excitedly.

“What happens if you break it?” I asked it, suddenly scared of shaking his hand. Eternity is a long time….

“Liam said that if you break it than all the good guys that bring you stuff – like Santa – leave you on your own. And then zombies” he cried making me jump, he than lowered his voice “will eat every inch of your flesh when you’re asleep ‘till the next morning when your mum comes to your room you’re gone.” He whispered dramatically in a low voice, making me shiver frightened.

I shook my head anxiously “No way am I promising to that!” I cried.

Eli smiled smugly at me “What? Are you scared?” he taunted.

“No!” I protested too quickly.

Eli laughed “It’s okay, I’ll make sure the zombies don’t come to you even if you do break the promise.”

“You promise?” I asked of him, unsure as I chewed on my bottom lip.

“Yeah,” he said eagerly “we can double promise on that too.” he nodded quickly.

I swallowed loudly “Okay, how do we do it?” I asked nervously.

“Well, first you spit on your hand!” he declared brightly, doing it.

I bunched up my face in disgust “Ew! That’s dirty!” I squealed.

“Do you want the zombie to come or not?” he demanded.