Make It Real - Chp 17 [Erin]

"Here, I'll give you this Barbie and you give me the truck." The boy bargained, his five year old wide eyes trained solely on the toy truck in my hand at the day care centre.

I shook my head fiercely, as I clutched the truck tighter "No! I want the truck!" I cried pouting and scrunching up my nose as I sat in the sand pit, the sand and dirt coating and dusting my entire body and my dress.

The boy with brown hair regarded me frowning "You know for a girl....you is funny."

My eyes grew in offence and horror "I am not funny!" I shouted.

He giggled "Yes you are; what girl likes toy trucks?" he countered with a pointed smug look.

It was the first time I had spoken to this boy and already he was aggravating me. My eyes narrowed "I play cars all the time with my brother at home!" I spat.

"Yeah? Who's your brother?" he asked his eyes curious.

I looked around and over before finding Liam over by the swings with some car he was dragging along on the grass, some girl with black hair nearby marching over to him with her hands on her hips making me smile. Sucker. "There, that's him!" I declared proudly at my brother.

"That's your brother?" he asked in disbelief.

I nodded "Yeah, why?" I shot back, getting protective over my twin.

"He's my best friend!" he exclaimed in shock.

My eyes grew "Yeah, well he's my twin brother!" I pointed out smugly.

The boy suddenly smiled at me "I'm Eli." He said simply.

I smiled faintly, "Erin." I mumbled shyly.

"You know you are funny....but you're also pretty....for a girl."

                                                  ೋ

The past days had been utterly painful, at first I solely just hid from everyone and anything possible. I was either locked up in my room with my lights off and a book making no sound to make believe I was in there, or I hid out at the library or elsewhere. I just hid.

At first I wasn't entirely too sure why I was hiding, apart the fact that I cheated on my own boyfriend I didn't really have anything to feel guilty for, right? How wrong was I. I slept with my twin brother's best friend! I slept with him and did a runner in the morning! My crazy and dramatic imagination had me convinced that if he took one look at me he'd know and disown me, maybe even kill Eli and the thought of that had me hiding and cowering some more.