Make It Real - Chp 18 [Melissa]

“What are you meant to be?” Liam asked, scrunching up his nose.

“A princess fairy, duh.” I said rolling my eight year old arms and huffing at the stupid boy before me as Erin giggled beside me.

Eli walked over joining Liam “We’re the Knights.” He declared proudly, puffing out his chest.

Erin and I giggled “Yeah, well we’re princesses!” we squealed.

Liam scrunched up his nose “But you’re wearing pink! I hate pink!”

My eyes grew “You hate pink?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well…..so do I.” my eight year old self lied, making Erin look at me frowning.

“Do you?” Liam asked looking at me, a smile on his lips.

I nodded eagerly “I hate it…..my favorite color is….” I trailed off unsure “Green!”

Liam scrunched up his nose again “Mines blue.” He declared puffing out his chest also.

“Same me!” I cried.

Liam shot me a glance that was confused and frustrated “Stop liking the same as me!” he cried.

I frowned “Why?”

“Because you’re a girl!” he cried.

I huffed, pouting “So? Don’t you like girls? Don’t you like me?” I asked.

Liam looked at me for a long time before sighing heavily “No, I like you. I have to anyways; you’re my princess since I’m the Knight.”

                                               ೋ

He smiled at me, his grey eyes dancing all along my face and body taking in the daughter he had left when I was “My god jelly bean, you’ve grown!” he said smiling brightly out stretching his hands and gesturing towards me.

If he was asking for a hug he had another thing coming for him.

I was still frozen, my gaze resting on him in a mixture of moments, I literally felt like I wasn’t even in my own body, like an out of body experience or if I was a ghost looking on. This just couldn’t solely be real, he couldn’t be real. I was tempted to reach up and slap myself just to check and yet my limbs were too heavy to even budge the slightest.

I looked at him a little longer, my expression utterly devoid of all emotions and expressionless as I looked at him and yet I wasn’t looking at him, it was like I could see right through him and see him for what he truly was.