Make It Real - Chp 4 [Melissa]

“I just don’t know how to get her to stand up for herself Mel, she scares me.” Liam fretted to me as we stood waiting for her to leave the library.

I nodded “I know.” I soothed squeezing his shoulder. “But she’s got both of us, we’ll protect her.” I soothed softly to him. I had always found his protectiveness over his little sister (only by a few minutes) endearing and attractive.

He sighed sadly “I don’t just worry about her though. What’s been happening going on with you Mel, I worry about you being alone all the time at that house. Erin and I don’t stress it enough; you should come live with us.

I blushed smiling faintly at how sweet he was, and for me to be blushing; that indeed was rare and not like me. “I'm fine Liam, you of all people should know I can look after myself.” I said gently trying to change the all serious atmosphere with a cheeky grin.

He chuckled softly “True, but I'm worried about that punch of yours….” He trailed off teasingly.

“How so?” I demanded hands on my hips.

“Here.” He said gently.

That was the day Liam taught me to shield my heart, figuratively and literally.

                                                  ೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋ

Detention.

I groaned intentionally loud as I was shot daggers by my dear old English teacher called Mr. Sheathing, I shot him a smug smirk before rolling my eyes tauntingly slow before I began to tap my pen in an annoying rhythm to even me. Again I was sent daggers not only from my English teacher but also the others sitting through this painful detention with me. I rolled my eyes again as I caught sight of Ian sending me a smirk of amusement and pride. I nodded back at him with a cheeky wink.

Ian was known as a bad boy, what with his reasonably long and shaggy black hair that was ruffled and messy. His eyes a pearly smoky grey and his features sharp and defined ruggedly. And he was sexy and charming in his cocky bad boy ways. Yet I couldn’t find myself liking him as he always suggested, he didn’t hold my heart.

That was the problem, I didn’t have much left of a heart and officially now there was no offer for any male to claim what was left of my shattered. Males had wounded me too many times in my life and here I stood now throwing in the towel and giving up completely on males. I was set to live a lonely life; I mean I wasn’t turning lesbian. I only love one female and that was Erin, my best friend, but I hadn’t jumped the fence nor was I going to steal Eli’s woman, he’d murder me.

It was in fact my loathing towards the male gender and my shattered heart that was the reason I was sitting right now in a stiff awkward plastic seat, slumped low in my chair and bored out of my mind. Why? Because my dick of an ex-boyfriend thought it’d be great to share secrets in English with the possibility of the whole entire class hearing of such secrets. So my response was simple; I pushed him over so he toppled over backwards over his chair. He was lucky I hadn’t used my fist on him. The stupid lying, conniving, sick bastard. I loathed every inch of what made up my ex-boyfriend, his name? Falan Anderson.

The clearing of a throat made my head snap up in glee a smile of excitement on my face before I tore out of my seat and raced out of the ream and out into the sunlight, I was craving some sunlight and happiness instead of the dreary stiff room. Streaming down the front schools steps I rushed to our tree to see Erin.