Chapter Eight

(Adonis' POV)

Parking the car, I get out and walk to Everett's side of the door, opening it and helping him out of his car seat. He quickly climbs out the car and runs to the door, his Curious George tail flinging back and forth. I grab the bag of candy that he's going to pass out to the class and quickly catch up to my son as he's impatiently waiting at the door.

Opening the door, I see many of the children already arrived. It feels like I walked into a child's picture book. As I stand by the door, I kneel down and hand my son the bag of candy. "You're going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa tonight. Grandma's going to pick you up after school. I told her I gave you permission to go trick-or-treating, but if you're bad, she can say no." He nods his head. "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning and take you to school. Be a good little monkey." I pat his head, and he gives me a hug before running off to his friends.

I look for my lover and finally spot the broad shouldered man. He turns around, and we make eye contact. I watch as his eyes light up like the stars when he sees me. He leans down and says something to a child before walking towards me. "Looks like I found Waldo." I eye him from the top down and back up. Sure, it wasn't a sexy kind of costume, but he was sexy no matter what. "Do I get to undress him too?"

He rolls his eyes at my attempt to flirt with him. "Should I walk away and walk back, so you could come up with something better?"

"I'd prefer you just staying right here." I kiss his lips and he scrunches his nose in embarrassment. I find it cute when he does that. It reminds me of a cat. "Are you coming to Envie tonight?"

Dove hums and thinks about whether or not he wants to go. He's not really good when it comes to loud or crowded places. He becomes terrified. "I don't know..."

"It'll be fun. Isn't Ezreal coming too?"

"Yeah but that's because he's going to see Hendrik and Kurt."

"Well...you can go because you want to see me." He does this weird thing where he squints at me for a long time as if I've come up with an evil scheme to take over the world. "Please." I beg, kissing his cheek.

"I guess there's no harm in going. You better be with me the entire time."

"Of course. You're mine."

He slightly blushes and gives me a quick peck on the lips. "I have to get to my class. I'll see you after work."

"I'll text you." I say, also giving him a goodbye kiss.

I get back into my car and drive to the company. Maria texted me this morning that I needed to head down and look through a drew files for my signature. I'm assuming it won't take long, so I agreed to head down there rather than having her fax me the documents. It was a short drive with a lot of traffic. I readjusted my suit and headed into the building. As per usual, I'm greeted by the the receptionist as I head towards the elevators. Finally reaching my floor, I walk into my office and see the manilla folder with the content that I need to read and approve.

Will is in need of more weaponry. As a friend, I was gladly willing to provide him with the resources that he needs. I read through each page and notice nothing out of the ordinary. It was as usual: bullets, guns, protective gear. Though, I see an addition to what he needs. There were a few things that he requested that can only be obtained through international shipping. I let out a sigh, contemplating how I'm going to get these items.

My personal cell starts to ring. "Will, I was meaning to call you. It's about the last items that you requested."

"Yeah, sorry for such difficult demands. Valentine has been on my ass about getting him new parts for his computer. I would ask him what they're for, but I'd rather not get yelled at by him again." I can hear the frustration from his tone.