Chapter Two

(Dove's POV)

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm clock makes its usual, annoying sound, waking me up from my peaceful slumber. Groaning and moaning, half asleep, I blindly reach for my phone on the nightstand to turn off the darn thing. I rolled onto my back, looking up at the ceiling for minutes before finally heading to the bathroom.

Today was the first day of school for students. As a staff member, I've been going to work every other day having to deal with meetings, working on the schedule for the school year, decorating the classroom. I love what I do. It brings me warmth seeing the little children running around, playing, being creative, being who themselves. As a kindergarten teacher, it's always great watching them grow. My students would wave as we cross paths in the hallways or even stop by after their classes. The pay wasn't much of importance to me; I always wanted to be a teacher. My parents have always wanted what's best for me, but they didn't understand I wanted to decide what was best for me.

My father is a closed-minded, old-fashioned man, but my mother was the opposite. She understood me and acknowledged me in my decisions in life. When I told my parents I didn't want to take over the hospital, Dad got furious and slapped me. I wasn't surprised; it was predictable. In the end, Mom said she wanted to at least have me work in an elite, private school, so I agreed.

After doing my morning routine in the bathroom, I got dressed in a white buttoned down shirt with a navy-blue long cardigan over it, black khakis, and my watch on my left wrist. I went back into the bathroom to comb my hair back a little before grabbing my phone, keys, and wallet then heading into the kitchen for coffee. Out of my room, I already smell the aroma of coffee beans. I sigh and continue to my destination.

"I get that you have keys to my apartment, but it's nicer getting a heads up before you walk in as if it were your own home." And as I suspected, I saw Ezreal sitting at the dining table with breakfast for two: hot coffee, bacon, eggs, and croissants. What caught my attention was the large bundle of red roses at the center of the table. I crossed my hands with an annoyed expression. "Stop bringing these flowers into my apartment. I swear to god; this is becoming bothersome."

His eyes peered away from the newspaper and were directed at me. "Don't shoot the messenger. If anything, I can give you the address to where Adonis works, and you can reject him personally." He went back to reading whatever was in the paper knowing this wasn't his problem. "Besides that, didn't we always have breakfast together? What's wrong with keeping the routine?"

I sighed and just ate the breakfast he kindly prepared for me. It's true though; we did have breakfast together every morning, even lunch and dinner. We were best friends, so it made sense we were inseparable. Taking a whiff of the coffee, I exhaled deeply. Man, his coffee was always the best in the morning. It was somewhat lighter though with a slight difference in fragrance.

Taking a sip, I knew it was a different set of beans. It wasn't a bad different; I enjoyed trying new things. "Did your parents send you this?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's from Brazil." I nodded, taking another sip of the delicious coffee. His parents like to travel a lot, so they always send him coffee beans, knowing he loves coffee.

His family welcomed me into their home the first time I decided to spend the holidays with Ezreal. I didn't really want to go home during Christmas, so Ezreal invited me into his home. It was during our second year. Unlike me, he had two younger siblings, both sisters. Flora was the youngest, and Penelope was the middle child.

"They're in Brazil already? Last time I heard, they were in America."

"Flora wanted this thing called a soapstone. Don't know what it is, don't care about what it is."