Chapter Fifteen - Look Who's Invited to Dinner

Hey lovlies :D

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm so excited to soon introduce some really meaningful characters to the story. Renata's life is going to start changing over the next couple chapters (woohoo for change \o/ ).

Thanks again for your support and patience. I would like to hear some feedback though, just to ensure that you are enjoying the chapters and the development of the characters.

Happy Reading & HAPPY BERMUDA DAY!!!

-SincerelyCiCi

ps: Here is a link to 3 BBQ sauce recipes. You're welcome :P

        http://www.theyummylife.com/bbq_sauce_recipes_sweet_tangy_spicy_smoky

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creed

I felt the cool breeze flow through my coat as Justice and I sped through the dense forest. 'Ahhh, just like old times...' 

We reached the edge of the forest and changed back into our human form. Justice rustled in a small shrub and pulled out our stash of basketball pants and tossed a pair to me. 

"Thanks. Why your ass looks like a girl's, bro?" I chuckled as i shook the leaves and debry from the shorts.

"Shut up! It isn't funny! G's got me doing squats with her on Wednesday afternoons," Justice gave me a pained look as he changed into his shorts.

I gave him a look of sympathy and walked across the stepping stones to the middle of the river and sat. The river looked so calm but underneath it was strong and dangerous. I liked things like that, things that weren't as they appeared to be. The water felt amazing and the current pulled on my legs.

"You know you probably like that ish anyway," I teased, staring off down the river. I could hear the beating of wings as the flock of birds flew above. I felt a punch (nothing that I couldn't handle though) and looked over at my best buddy.

"Nah, but the whole 'couple's workout' thing makes her happy. When you have a mate you'll understand," He replied in this wise tone. I called him whipped and pushed him into the river.

'Don't deny it. You know you want that  kind of happiness,' my wolf betrayed me.

'It doesn't matter what I want. I will be an Alpha and as Alpha, Renata's safety comes before my wants.'

______________________________________________________________

Renata

Justice and Creed went out on their bromance- togetherness-man-thing this morning, so I decided to go over Gianna's mate house and teach her how to make some dishes outside of her sandwich expertise. 

I jogged down the path, enjoying the sounds of birds chirping and the rustle of the leaves as the wind floated peacefully through the woodland path. As the trees thinned and I approached the house. The distinctive smell of burnt pancakes tinged the fresh spring air.

'She just couldn't wait for me...' I rolled my eyes and went through the door. On reaching the fume-filled kitchen, I saw a flour-covered Gianna making a vain attempt to fan out the smoke with a pizza pan.

"Didn't I say to wait til I got here?" I asked in a monotone.

"I wanted to surprise you!" She muttered.