Chapter Seven (PART II) - Code Seven

Hi chicas and chicos!

I hope you enjoy part 2 of this action pack chapter. please vote if you do and comment (i LOVE to hear you guys opinions)!

Happy Reading :D

-SincerelyCiCi

                         --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renata

I felt a true sense of deja vu  when I woke up. The only difference was that I knew who and where I was and well…I wasn’t ten. Mama Cat was on the floor holding my hand and sobbing as Papa tried to console her. Gianna and Justice were in the corner of the room holding each other with pensive looks on their faces and Uncle Pierre, and a few of my older male cousins were standing in a semi-circle around the bed.

‘Oh this is rich…they do remember that I am pissed with them right?’ I surveyed the room with through my eyelashes-still under the guise of slumber. Why they were here…I have no idea, but this better be a damn good apology combined with my favourite breakfast and possibly a monetary donation for my emotional distress. ‘Okay, Rena…that’s a bit overboard…but still!’ my conscience reasoned. They all looked either guilty or nervous…though Papa and Creed always seem to take on a blank look in these sorts of situations. The tension in the room could have been cut with a dull butter knife.

“You could have let her come with me!” Gianna burst out randomly, breaking the ice cold silence.

“Gi-“Justice began.

“You know that wasn’t an option you silly goose,” Mama Cat snapped, her tone not reflecting her softened words at all.

“So you just assumed she would sit here with you watching Days of Our Lives?” Gianna shot back bitterly. “And you too!” she pointed at our Papa. “Making the girl work for you in your offices even though you know she’s more than capable to be the CEO but you wouldn’t let her start her own or work somewhere else!”

“Now, Gianna… Thunder Co. is a multi-billion dollar business; it can’t get much better than that!” Papa defended calmly.

“The only reason you kept her here is so you could watch her and control her every move!” Gianna gritted.

“Gianna Valencia Carmen Thunder!” Mama shrieked. ‘Shit’s about to get real now…’ I thought, making myself more comfortable for the action. I made my movements super slow and quiet because over the years I realised the Thunder family were blessed with impeccable hearing.

“You will not disrespect your father that way! Everything thing we have ever done was to protect you girls, EVERYTHING!” a vein unattractively bulged from her normally smooth forehead and I began to worry that she would have an aneurysm.

“Gianna, apologize to your parents…” Justice’s low, firm voice seemed to travel around the room as effectively as if he had shouted. It was silent once more, if you excluded the rattling of my night table as Mama Cat gripped onto it – shaking- as though that may be the only thing stopping her from drop-kicking Gia.

Gia looked up at Justice traitorously until finally accepting defeat and meekly apologizing. Mama Cat softened and ran over to hug Gia.

”I just wish I hadn’t ditched her completely, Mama…I just thought she would always be there so she wouldn’t mind if I wasn’t around and-and now… I might not be able to s-say sorry!” she bawled into our mother’s hair.

‘Awww…I’m always going to be here chica,’ I thought in endearment. The entire family clung to each other in one huge group hug.