Chapter Three ~ Liquor and Lapdances

Gianna's P.O.V

The wind whipped our hair as my friend Carly sped down the road to Sugar. The cool night breeze wrapped around me like a chilled satin scarf. The thrill of completing part of this mission without a hitch washed over me. Grinning, I looked over at my sister, Renata , who had a look of awe on her face. Renata really needed this...she has always been the more cautious, practical one. I squeezed her hand, and she looked over, giving me a hesitant smile. 'Practical is boring and this night is going to be anything but...' I had planned this for months, down to the every last detail. 'Renata had no idea what she was getting into,' I mused, 'but she's gonna love it.'

It was true, she really didn't know what she getting into. Sugar was a werewolf-owned club, known for bringing mates together- hey, it was the most (and only) interesting entertainment this town had other than the small (and ancient) cinema. That was another sort of 'big' piece of information Renata was completely ignorant of--werewolves, not the club, she knew it was there...everyone did. Renata doesn't know our family are werewolves and she has no clue that this town crawls with members of our pack. It's been really hard keeping it from her, especially for me. We tell each other everything and we know well, almost everything about each other. I even know why she has a pair of heels stuffed in between the layers of an old blanket in the top left-hand corner of her closet. I also think I've figured out the reason my sister hasn't been attracted to any of the guys -or girls, I checked- that we went to school with. You might be thinking there must be people that don't go to school with us that she may like and my answer is no, unfortunately this town is that small. So small, in fact, that it only covers a little part of a corner of the Thunder pack territory. And now that Renata has graduated early, she doesn't really associate with persons our age-she just works with our dad and gardens.

Which leads to my next conclusion: Maybe she hasn't liked anyone because she has a mate. Unlike humans most she-wolves don't get into relationships before their mates. We may go on dates sometimes but both parties know that it probably won't get to serious. It's out of respect for our future mate. The only exception to that 'code' is for the hormone-drunk immature males and their toys. I say the word 'toys' because my mom said it is inappropriate to call anyone a slut.

Another thing Renata doesn't know is that our parents are in on this plan. They know where we're going and how we're getting there- my father wanted every single detail. Which is why I'm pretty sure that he arranged for some of the pack members to be posted around the club. I'm the Alpha's daughter and you never know what rogues may try- at least, that's what he says. I personally think that if they are stupid enough to mess with the most affluent and therefore important pack (leaving out the Originals and Windchaser Pack) they wouldn't be much of a challenge. I could have told her we were allowed to go, but sheesh, the girl needs some rebellion-induced fun in her life!

Carly turned the radio up to full blast and we scream-sang the words to 'Kiss Me- One Direction' as we turned into the long driveway leading to Sugar. The parking lot was full, as always and I mind-linked Carly to park it in the spot reserved for Alphas and Betas. Renata, who just a few seconds ago stiffened and turned to me fear in her eyes.

"What if we're seen?" she whispered.

"It's dark Renata and no one here would have seen you since last year," I assured her.

We pulled into the space and freshened up our lip gloss. Sugar was already pulsing with life and there was a long line still stretching out around the side from the beautiful entrance. It was alluring. A long white carpet was laid in front the VIP entrance, leading to a wide door that seemed to be made of crystal. The ice blue strobe lights on the inside danced, causing the door to shimmer and glow. It was electrifying. Sliding out of the car, I led the girls forward with Carly and I oozing confidently, commanding everyone to look at us. Flashing the fake I.D's and a sweet smile at the bouncer- who was one of the pack's fighters- we entered the exclusive club. I was mesmerised by the environment.