Chapter Six - The Debate

• Dedicated to All my wonderful fans

Hey chicas and chicos!

I was super excited for this point in the story as everything starts to pick up from here. I hope you love it! Thank you guys for the support; i wouldn't have ever tried this genre but i wanted to challenge myself by trying something new and i'm super happy that you are enjoying reading it as much as i am writing it. Please comment and vote!  Happy Reading :D

-SincerelyCiCi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Luna Catalina Thunder

I was just about to tuck into my bowl of chocolate truffle gelato when I heard the snapping of fanged jaws and tons of enraged growling coming from the back garden. ‘Just when I thought it was getting peaceful around here…these pups never give me a break!’ I scowled and stared into the bowl of heavenly goodness, deciding which was more important at the moment... “Fine, I’ll go stop those testosterone-fuelled, daft boys!” I said to the scoops of gelato, “I’ll be right back and then we can be together again.”

Caleb!’ I called through the pack mind-link

‘Yes Linabean?’ My mate answered swiftly.

‘I suggest we go stop that fight happening outside before we lose a treaty…’ I chewed my lip, becoming more uneasy the more I thought about it.

‘Don’t worry babe, I’m on it…I just send Pierre and Ryder to stop them …heading out now…’

‘Do you need my help? I could call in more pack members or get the pack doctor or save both-‘

‘-Catalina…I got it, leave a shovel outside the door and distract everyone while I –‘

‘-CALEB!’  

My eyes widened in dread as images of my mate burying the future Beta of the Windchaser  Pack deep in the woods popped up in the deep recesses of my brain. I was about to break into a full sprint to stop them from carrying out their sinister deed when I heard him chuckling through the mind-link. “ Cretino (idiot),” I muttered as I shook my head.

                                                ***********************

Renata

‘In…Out…In…Out… you are not going to die…this is just…an obstacle, Renata…okay what are my options?’ For what seemed like hours later, I was still in the same sticky situation- clinging onto the top bough of an oak while two wolves were still fighting down below.

I tried to stabilize my air intake from my previous hyperventilating state whilst deciding the best course of action. ‘Well… 1) scream for help- but then they’d know I’m up here and will climb up this tree and devour my deliciousness…2) wave a flag…they’ll still see me…I guess I’ll have to wait until they leave…’  The sound of footsteps broke my train of thought. I turned in glee to see the face of my saviour only to remember the poor person will probably get mauled before they can do anything.

It was Uncle Pierre and Papa! ‘Oh no! I have to do something, something that will alert them but not the overgrown wolves!’  I started to panic, my mind blank of all ideas. “Shit! You are an idiot under pressure!” I insulted myself under my breath. Papa’s face was completely calm. ‘What the hell are they doing?! Does he have a death wish?’ my mind screamed but I was paralysed in fear, not wanting to see my father and uncle be ripped to shreds by bloodthirsty wolves yet I couldn’t turn away.