05

"Lucia? Are you okay? You seem off," Luke commented at the girl who had her head rested in her hands

"Lucia? Are you okay? You seem off," Luke commented at the girl who had her head rested in her hands. He noticed that she stopped practicing to rest which was unusual for the young girl.

She took a deep breath to relieve the pain. "Yeah, just a little pain in my stomach that is all," she told him with a small smile. Luke wasn't buying it though and sent her to see the medical bot.

The bot ran a multitude of tests on her before coming to a conclusion. One that almost made her pass out. Lucia swore the bot to secrecy (more like she threatened but that's a minor detail) before going back to training. She lied to her master telling him that she was fine before going back to fighting.

Ben knew his wife though and knew she was not okay. He decided to confront her about it later considering she wouldn't tell him anything in front of all these people. Though, after training today came chores for them and then dinner. It felt like the universe was conspiring against him to go talk to her.

Lucia tried not to give it away that there was something wrong all day long, but it was hard. All she wanted to do was run up to Ben and tell him. Finally, after a few hours of being away from Ben, they were able to be together at their sand dune.

"Why did you leave training?" Ben questioned after a few moments of silence. It was eating him away inside and he had to know. Lucia smiled up at her husband before kissing him lightly not knowing what his reaction would be. 

"I'm pregnant."

It took a few moments for Ben to process what Lucia just said but once he did he was excited. "We're having a baby?" he questioned in a whisper. Lucia nodded making him scream in happiness. 

"Sh, Ben!" she was serious but had a happy tone. She was going to have a baby with the one person she loved most in this world. He attacked with a bunch of kisses before leaning down and pressing a kiss to her belly. 

Lucia wasn't that far along to be showing yet, which was going to make it easy to hide it from everyone. "What are we going to about training?" he asked her putting a protective hand on her stomach.

She smiled at his actions. Lucia didn't know what to expect when she told Ben, but this is the best outcome she could have asked for. 

"Be very careful. I just can't stop training, Ben. Luke will suspect something. When it comes time to deliver the baby I'll make some excuse up to go home," she told him while she messed with his hair. 

Ben pulled her closer. "This child will have a better childhood than we did. I can promise you that," he whispered before pressing a soft and loving kiss to her lips. The couple spent a few more hours basking in their love and happiness before having to go back to their huts again. 

"Lucia! Come with me! The dark side will give us powers that you could never dream of! It will protect help us protect our child!" Ben told her pausing their lightsaber battle briefly. Her stomach was in pain which told her she needed to get out of there as soon as she could. 

Tears refused to stop streaming down at the face of the man she loved. "No! Ben! You can't do this to me! To our family! Stay on the light side with me!" she cried out before clutching her lightsaber tightly. It was hard to fight with a swollen four-month belly and protect your child with it.

"I'm sorry, but you should have decided to come with me," he snarled before raising his lightsaber and striking her down. 

Lucia bolted up at her dream clutching her stomach as she did so. These dreams were starting to happen more frequently and they were starting to terrify her the more they happened. She calmed herself down and knew what she had to do. 

Pulling on her Jedi robes she made her way to Luke's hut waking up the man who was like a father to her. The older man was shocked to see Lucia standing in front of him with tears streaming down her face. 

"Lucia, what is wrong?" he questioned ushering her into the hut. It scared him to see her like this. 

"It's these dreams I am having of Ben. It's like he is a completely different person," she told him, her voice thick with emotion. "They are dreams of him going to the dark side, Luke. How do we prevent that?" she questioned her master hoping that he would have an answer. 

The look on his face said otherwise. 

He pulled the girl into a hug. "I do not know, Lucia. We'll just have to keep an eye out," he informed her but Luke already knew what he was going to do. 

"I can't lose him, Luke. He's my best friend." Luke ignored her cries while he tried to comfort her. His words would not help the girl, they would only break her some more. This was something that she had to figure out on her own. 

Through the force, he could feel it though. The extra heartbeat in the hut. He released a small sigh when he realized where the extra heartbeat was coming from. "Lucia, I want to send you away," he told her wanting to protect her and her child from what was going to happen.

"No!" she shrieked in panic. "I need to stay here," she told him as her tears started to dry. "Please, Luke. Don't send me away," she pleaded with him. 

As much as he didn't want to, he agreed to allow her to stay but he had a feeling that he was going to regret it. 

so, do you love me or hate me yet?