Chapter 9 the new alley

It's a boy. He's about 16, he has dark hair and hazel eyes he jumps out of the tree and walks up to us "I'm not here to kill you I just want to alley." He says more to me then Raed. I look at Raed. "Umm, sure I guess." we both say still staring at each other. "Great my names Colt." he says, "I know your name Rue but not yours." he says pointing at Raed. Raed doesn't answer I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Colt, "His name is Raed." I say for him. Colt nods his head. he walks over to a tree and leans on it. "Rue,your all over the capitol. Your the new news." He says. I roll my eyes. "Like I didn't know that." I snap at him. he throws his hands in the air. "Whow! just trying to make new friends." he says. Then he looks at Raed "Sorry about your sister." By looking at Raeds eyes I could see the sorrow. tears form in his eyes. "Oh no please don't cry!" says Colt. I go over and hug Raed. He cries into my shoulder. I feel cold hands on my back and look up to see Colt. "What?" he asks, "I can't join the group hug?" I roll my eyes and say to him "You're so stupid." Colt starts to laugh, then Raed. I stare at both of them then start to giggle myself. Maybe Colts not so bad.

We find out that Colt has a loaf of bread from sponsors and we eat that for dinner. We all talk and share some stuff about us. Colts from district 9. He has 3 siblings and one of them died. his dad is dead and his mother is really sick. "I'm sort of popular in 9." he says. "So am I." I say. "And I hate it!" Colt nods, "I have to agree." he says. since it's REALLY late I climb a tree and lay there for a while as Colt and Raed talk.

When I wake up Raed is sleeping next to me and Colt is on the other side of him. I don't even know how all of us managed to sleep on the branch but I guess it's possible. i shake both of the boys awake, "No one has died in a while." Colt says. "That's a big problem." I say.