Chapter 5

When I awake I find Raed in my room. "It's 12 o'clock rue get up!" He says. "ok" I say. not caring that I have pjs on and my hairs all knotted I go to breakfast/ lunch. "Oh look it's the early bird." jokes Haymitch. "Shut up Haymitch" I snap. "It's not like I'm the one that got so drunk I tripped over my own foot into the bowl of punch and then threw up." Effie's mouth falls open. "Haymitch" she says. "you are not here for drinking you filthy man!" then she slaps him. I crack up. "Good job Effie." I say. "It's not funny" she snaps."Lets focus on eating" says Raed. I totally forgot about the food. sitting in front of me is 4 platers. purple eggs, 2 plates of sausage, and soup. I only eat the soup. "I'm done" I announce. I get up and walk to my room throw on my training out fit and meet Raed, Effie, and Haymitch. we take the elavator down to the training center. "Good luck!" says Effie as we walk into the training center. were late. everyone is already here. "what station?" I ask. "Let's do rope tying." says Raed. I agree because I know it will come in handy. we spend about two hours at the rope tying station then go to the plant station for one hour. At the end of the day I decide to shot a couple arrows I hit every one in the bullseye when I turn around I find everyone staring at me. I bow and walk away. I find out that Amy is really smart and quick, and of course I know that Raed is good at throwing knives from all the years we went hunting. When I get to my room the tv turns on and sitting there in a white suite is president snow. "Greetings." he says, "We are going to start the hunger games early. Tommorow we will do the interviews and in two days we'll start the games, we will do the scoring a based off of what we saw you do in the training center thank you." then the tv shuts off. No, not in two days. I run to my bed and start to sob. I bet mom dad and Finnick are crying to. "Rue?" says a voice from behind the door. "Come in" I chock out. I expect Raed to come but instead it's Amy. she sits on the end of my bed. "You heard the news to?" she asks. "Yeah" I say. "why?" she asks. "To kill me." I say. "Because Katniss is my mother." "Oh" is all she says. "I'm scared rue can I sleep here?" she asks. "Of course" I scoot over and Amy hops in. "You're popular rue everyone's talking about you." she says. "Great the thing I want is fame" Amy giggles. then she rolls up and goes to sleep. Amy, 12 years old and going in the games. she looks just like Raed brown hair and green eyes. I roll over and look at the ceiling if I make it my life will be changed forever. I'll be scared for life I'll have bad dreams like mom and dad. I hate president snow. if he was in the games he'd be the first one I'd kill. I pull the covers up and fall asleep. I wake up to screaming. "Amy" i whisper. I shake her. she bounces up and gives me a hug she squeezes me so tight I can't breathe. "What's wrong" I play with her hair. "You and Raed went to the cornucopia and were killed by thread." thread? the one who wants to kill me. " It won't happen now go back to bed." she does as I say. we get up at 11 am. Not bad for the capitol but really late for district 12. Amy goes back in her room to meet up with her stylists. Portia comes in and gives me my moms 74 hunger games dress she wore at the interview. (the other one was burned and Cinna was killed for designing it). I'm going to tell them I'm friends with Raed and were going to allie.

~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~

The district 11 male tribute gets over with his interview and I walk in every one cheers. "So" says Caesar, "this is a big surprise Katniss's daughter!" the crowd cheers again. "Are you honored to wear her dress?" asks Caesar. "I would if I wasn't going to get killed." I say. "Yes" says Caesar "But you can always win."

"I want Amy or Raed to win." Caesar looks shocked "Are they you're friends?" he asks. "Yes. me and Raed have been friends since we were 9 and we stopped being friends for a while at the age of 15." then my buzzer goes off "Ok this is the female tribute for district 12 rue Mellark!" the crowd rumbles. next comes Raed. "So Raed you and rue were friends how long were you not friends?" asks Caesar. '4 years." he says. "wow! what broke the friendship?" Raed blushed. "I kissed her." "when did you become friends again?" he asks. "on the train." then the buzzer goes off. Everyone cheers for Raed and he walks off stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At dinner time we sit around the tv to hear the scores 1,2 got a 7 which is low for them. Amy gets a 11! I clap for her as her score comes up and Raed smiles. the rest get 4-8. Raed gets a 11. and I get a 12. Everyone cheers for us. "They saw her shoot." says Raed. "Or they just want to get me killed." I say. "Sadly I think that's true." Haymitch smirks. I roll my eyes at him. "I'm going to bed." I say. I get up and Raed follows. when I get in my room Amy Is curled up sleeping in my room. "I'm sorry" I look over to see Raed standing over me. "No it's ok I like her in my room." Raed sighs and walks out of the room. I throw on some comfy clothes that I could wear to breakfast. This may be my last night. Before I go to bed I go to see Raed. "Raed I want you to sleep in my room." "What about Amy?" he asks "All three of us can sleep in there" I say. Raed gets up and follows me to my room. he curls up next to Amy. "Good night Rue." he says then falls asleep. The hole night I toss and turn. I feel a cold hand on my shoulder I wake up to find Amy and Raed staring at me. "You have been tossing around all night." Says Raed. I blush "I'm sorry." I whisper. "I'm nervous." I start to sob. "I don't want to go in the games." Raed hugs me I cry into his shoulder. I look up their both crying to. "If I could I would just go and stab president snow and end the games." I cry even harder. We cry ourselves to sleep. When I wake up Amy is on top of me and Raeds head is on my shoulder. now I'm a live pillow! I wiggle myself out of bed and head to breakfast. I find everyone sobbing. "They can't die!" shouts Effie. I go over there and comfort her. "It's ok." I say over and over to her but then I start to cry to. Effie gives me a hug "You're just like your mother!" she says. I stop crying knowing I should be strong in the games. I force my self to eat knowing ill be starving in the games I chug down 10 waters to. my mother almost died of thirst in the games and that's not how i want to go. A hovercraft picks me and Portia up to go to the tube things that shoot us up to the arena ( I never remember their names) a peace keeper comes in with a thing with a fat handle and a big needle on the end. "Tracker" he grabs my wrist and put the needle inside It hurt tears started to form from my eyes, but before I started to cry he pulled the tracker out where he had it in there was a glow but then it faded. A couple minutes later we were at the tubes "You ready?" asks Portia. "As ready as I will be." I say.