Chapt Fifteen - The Heart Of His TARDIS

"There," he looked around, observing his handy work, "It's all finish. It's even got a proper exterior... Ready to take this baby for a run?"

"You bet," I nodded. Prince flipped switch on the controls and we crossed our fingers. One second went by... And then another. Nothing happened.

"I don't understand," he furrowed his brow, "Why won't it... Ooooohh... I'm an idiot!"

"Why? what happened?" I demanded.

"TARDIS systems require a soul," Prince explained, "That's what makes one more than just a piece of machinery... You see, Sexy is an actual conscience being... A TARDIS is meant to be as alive as you or I... That's what make it so unique."

"Huh," I considered, "Well... Sexy's a TARDIS, right? Could we get her to share her conscience?"

"No that would never... Actually," Prince considered, "I saw some cubes a little ways from here that might help us. If we could fuse a bit of her energy with another living form of some kind, we could create a TARDIS core... Quite possibly, we could find a Time Lord and complete this process with them. We could bring back to life a Time Lord, Ezzie... Think of the possibilities!"

"Alright! Come on!" I voiced, running towards the door.

"Allons-y!" he exclaimed.

What happened next was a bit of a blur, but I'll try and remember it as best as I can.

We flung the red police boxes doors open and stopped cold as we were met with a hooded person holding a gun.

"Prince," they hissed, "This is the last place I expected to find you."

"What?" Prince demanded, "Who are you?"

"I see you've changed your face again, Prince," the other person stated, "Or... Perhaps you're one of the versions I've never seen before... You seem much younger."

"Who. Are. You?" Prince repeated, angrily, balling his hands into fists.

"I'm going to get you this time, Prince," the man sneered, "This time, for sure." He pulled the trigger and something that looked to wrong to be just a normal bullet blew out of it. Before I knew what I was doing, I stepped in front of him and took the shot. It drilled into my chest and my breathing began to fail. I felt arms catch me as I fell, no longer able to hold up my own weight. The man who'd fired, irritated that he'd missed, took to aim again, but Prince pointed the sonic screwdriver he'd acquired and short-circuited it, making it spark and the man dropped it, avoiding harm from the broken device.

"I suggest you get lost," Prince glared, angrily, "Before I get more pissed then I am." The man blinked, concerned, and then pressed a button on his shades, making him materialise out of sight.

Prince looked back down at me. My breathing was beginning to slow. I could barely see and an extreme pain was coming from my chest. What I really wanted was to just go to sleep... I was so tired.

"Don't you dare close those eyes," he growled.

"Prince," a voice whispered, making him look up, quickly.

"S-sexy?" his eyes widened, "But... How?"

"The energy of this place gives my the ability to take human form," she explained, calmly, "But I can't stay like this very long and she has even less time. Hurray... We must get to your box." He stood up, cradling me in his arms, and followed her into his red box.

"We... We can transfer her into the TARDIS," Prince informed, shakily, "You... You'll have to be willing to give up a portion of your energy, Sexy... It won't have to be a lot... Once the machine's started, it'll regenerate itself. You just... Have to give a little. Please... You have to help me. I can't lose her like this! I won't!"

"Shh," she placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "It'll be fine, Prince... I promise."

"L...L.D.?" I choked out, using the last of my strength, "I... I'm glad I got to meet... You."

"Oh, God, Ezzie," Prince teared up, hugging me tightly, "Please... Stay with me! Just for another moment." My eyes started to flutter closed when all of a sudden, a finger was pressed to my lips and a sudden charge went threw my body. My eyes flew open, but I couldn't see anything because a glowing light was emoting from my eyes. As I opened my mouth, a trail of light escaped past it and traveled into the TARDIS. Next thing I knew, I WAS the TARDIS.

"Oh my god," Prince covered his mouth, "Oh my god, Sexy! It worked! You're brilliant!"

"Thank you," she chuckled, "I must return while I still can... Good-bye, Prince."

"Good-bye, Sexy," Prince beamed at her, tears flowing from his eyes, "Thank you... THANK YOU!"