Chapter Two - Rejection!

"Hey! L.D.!" I called, spotting him on my way to lunch. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hello, Ezzie," he grinned, once I'd walked up to him, "Can I help you?"

"I was just wondering if you'd like to eat lunch with me and my friends. You're welcome to," I explained.

"That's extremely kind of you," he insisted, "But really... I wouldn't want to invade on your little group."

"It's alright to say you're sitting with someone else, Silly," I rolled my eyes, "I promise I won't get too upset."

"Actually," he corrected, "I really just don't want to be intrusive. I was just planning on hanging out in the library."

"Oh, don't be silly," I smirked, "I don't mind at all and Mikey will be glad for the presence of another boy."

"A-alright," he hesitated, following me into the cafeteria.

"Hey, guys!" I took a seat with Mikey, Silkey Pyke and Jake Break, "This is my new friend, L.D."

"That's a stupid name," Jake stated.

"Says the girl with a guy's name," Mikey rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, you," Jake flipped him off.

"Anyway," Silky ignored them, turning back to L.D. "My name's Silky. It's nice to meet you, L.D."

"Charmed," he nodded.

"So, you guys," Mikey interrupted, "My parents said I could invite some friends over to celebrate the kick-off of the year. You're all invited... You can come, too, L.D."

"We all know Ezzie's there," Jake informed.

"Don't act like you aren't," Ezzie poked her in the side.

"I guess I'll come," Silky shrugged, "L.D.?"

"You guys don't want me at your celebration," he chuckled.

"Rejection, pal," Jake advised, "It's not as bad as it seems. If you don't want to hang out with us, it's cool."

"It's not that," he insisted, "I just... Have to go see my mother."

"Oh," I muttered, "That's cool, I guess."