26. Merry Christmas - 1

What the hell! What is this?!
Nandini asked looking at his waist as Manik just grinned.
Speak up Mr Malhotra how did this happen?
Nandini demanded an answer as Manik just made a puppy face.
Actually I was preparing the breakfast  and then I was doing something and suddenly the vessel slipped from the stove and to save it from falling I stopped it from my waist, I never thought that the vessel would be this hot that it would leave a mark.
Manik explained as Nandini just looked at him teary eyed.
Who told you to run this tiny brain of yours?
Nandini asked as tears flew from her eyes while Manik just wiped them and hugged her.
Its fine, it doesn't hurt or burns anymore.
Manik tried to calm her down but she still sobbed.
Look this is the reason I wasn't showing this to you, now you stop crying or I'll start crying too.
Nandini looked at Manik who had a serious look on his face but in just some seconds both started laughing, Manik wiped her tears as Nandini hugged him smiling as they drifted off to sleep.
[Author's POV - Ok guys I know you all were guessing that Manik got Nandini's name tattooed but I don't like tattoos! I mean if you love someone then your actions will speak volumes, you don't need a proof to justify your love.
I know I am wasting your time but I just wanted to clear my views. Bye! Enjoy reading!]
------------------------------------------------

It was finally 25th December and Nandini was in the kitchen preparing special food for the occasion while Manik was on his laptop completing some important work.
In these three days Manik and Nandini just spent time with eachother, they didn't roam around the city, they only stepped out of their house to go to the Mart and get something's for Christmas. They decorated the whole house in Christmas theme and the Christmas tree in their room was Manik's favourite.
Nandini do you need any help?
Manik asked as his eyes were still glued on the laptop screen.
Manik this is the 10th time I am telling this to you, if I need your help I will call you, you don't need to ask me this every 20 minutes, just concentrate on you work.
Manik smiled hearing her lecture as he looked at her preparing the cake batter.
Nandini don't you want to go out and explore the city today?
Manik asked typing something on his laptop.
No Manik, I just want to stay here and celebrate with you alone.
Manik smiled hearing her reply as he continued his work.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Manik,it's time to open the gifts!
Nandini exclaimed as she dragged Manik out of their bedroom to the living room.
The food was arranged on the dining table and everything looked so young that Manik wanted to eat first but Nandini being Nandini dragged him to open the gifts first.
Ok so you open yours first and then I'll open mine.
Manik nodded hearing her as Nandini arranged all his gifts infront of him and then brought his Christmas stocking.
I think you should start with the stocking first.
Manik again nodded as he pulled out all the gifts from the stocking and then kept it aside.
The first thing that Manik picked up was a square box wrapped in a gift paper.
Manik unwrapped the gift and opened the box only to find two handbands with MaNan written on them, one was of pink colour and the other one was of black colour. Manik looked at Nandini who was smiling at him.
The pink one is mine and the black one is your's, these Handbands signifies our union, and I promise you that MaNan is forever, and I won't leave you ever even if you want me to.
Nandini kissed both his cheeks and wiped away his tears.
She then handed him another gift, it was cylindrical in shape, Manik opened it quickly and found a newly launched watch that he was about to buy, Manik looked at Nandini and gave her his brightest smile which made her giggle, he then picked up another small gift, it was a plain Prussian blue tie, just like his style, the next thing was a coffee mug with Manik and Nandini's picture from their engagement on it.
Manik just wait a second I'll be back.
Manik looked at her confused as she ran towards the kitchen, in just few seconds Nandini came back and handed him a cup of warm water.
What? What do you want me to do?
Manik asked confused as Nandini smiled.
Pour the warm water in this Mug and then see the magic!
Nandini was excited, Manik then poured the water in the mug and within few seconds the image changed and now it had a family picture of Khanna's, Malhotra's, Raizada's & Singha's, Manik was amazed, he looked at Nandini who was smiling from ear to ear.
You liked it?
Nandini asked as Manik nodded a no due to which Nandini's face fell, but Manik's next words made her smile again.
I didn't like it because I love it!
Manik then kept the mug aside and picked the last gift from the stocking.
Manik opened the gift and found a keychain that said MN, the alphabets were made of Diamonds along with Platinum.
When did you get all these? And where?
Manik asked as Nandini smiled.
Nandini Khanna knows what she wants and get it by hook or crook.
Manik smiled at her statement as he then picked one of the large gifts that were kept under the Christmas tree.
The box was a medium one, Manik opened the box only to find a brand-new iPhone X,he looked at Nandini shocked as she smiled and handed over another gift to him. He unwarpped the gift to find a booster board that he was planning to buy, he had no idea that when Nandini got all that but right now he was loving this.
He then opened another box and found a Malhotra & Raizada family picture framed he smiled looking at the picture as he got up and hung it on the wall.
He then opened another box which had a brand new guitar, from the outside packaging of the guitar no one could say that a guitar was in there.
He finally opened the last box, which had another box , he then opened that box but it had another box, after opening six boxes Manik finally opened the last box that contained their wedding card.
Manik immediately picked up the box and opened it,it was a beautiful box with some sweets , snacks, a bottle of wine, and a wedding invitation.

Manik hugged Nandini as he was not able to express his emotions in words, he then gently placed his lips on her's for a passionate kiss.

---------------------------------------------------
Guys please do vote and comment.

Lots of love,
Aditi❤️