22. Without you.

All the youngsters were at the airport to see off Manik, no one wanted him to leave but they knew it was important for him to go.
Take care, eat and sleep on time and don't overload yourself.
Nandini told him as he just admired her.
I know you have everyone here to take care of you but still, Don't bunk college, take care of yourself and go out with Bhabhi or anyone you want to, just make sure that you are all alone during our time when I call you.
Nandini nodded as tears flew from her eyes.
Ok, its the time I leave, take care everyone and take care of my baby wife, i'll see you all very soon.
Manik hugged everyone as they all left to give some privacy to the couple.

Manik hugged Nandini as she cried silently, he then pulled her for a soulful kiss to which she responded equally. They didn't care if people were watching them, all that they cared was about spending this last moment with eachother.

I'll be back soon.
Manik turned to leave, he didn't say bye, because goodbyes always hurt, he turned to look at her for one last time as she waved at him and he waved back.

--------------------------------------------------

One week passed by and Manik was now all settled in his Condo and was very busy with the project, he rarely got time to do anything yet he made sure to give atleast 2 hours of his day to talk to Nandini, though he was busy with his work but he still missed Nandini, everyday when he didn't had his food on time he imagined Nandini scolding him and then would remember how Nandini fed him on time even when he was working, she never compromised with his health, alot of times he did shout on her for disturbing him when he was working but she didn't a damn.
"You do whatever you want to I won't say anything, just let me feed you and you continue your work"
He smiled remembering her words, now when he had to pick out his cloths on his own he remembered how Nandini always took out his cloths and arranged everything on the bed alone with the tie, watch, handkerchief, his waller, everything, and now he spends half an hour daily,  finding his things, he missed her head massage that she gave him every night before going to bed which always relaxed his mind throwing away the stress, he missed her innocent talks, he missed her laugh, he missed her, a lot, more then he imagined, it was like his whole existence depended on Nandini.

--------------------------------------------------

So how was your exam?
Manik asked Nandini on the video chat.
It was good, now I just have my last exam left, then 1 month break.
Nandini told him as he smiled.
That's good.
They both we're quiet, they didn't knew what to say, they had a lot of things to tell eachother but they just couldn't say anything on the video call.
Nandini, why are you so low? Cheer up baby, we'll meet very soon.
They both were sad but couldn't do anything for eachother other then assuring each other.
Manik, get ready you are getting late for office.
Manik looked at the time and nodded.
I'll call you at night, ok?
Nandini nodded.
Tomorrow i'll wake up late, so call around 8:30 am.
Nandini added immediately as Manik frowned.
Why late? Aren't you well? Do you have fever? Did you see a doctor?
Nandini smiled hearing him.
I am fine Manik, I am not sleepy yet so I'll study today night.
Nandini explained as Manik sighed in relief.
Ok then, i'll call you in some hours?
Manik asked as Nandini smiled and nodded, they both hung up the call as Nandini looked at Ragini who was standing in front of her with ice cold water and a piece of cloth.
Why did you lie to him baccha?
Ragini asked as she made Nandini lie down and placed the piece of cloth on her forehead after dipping it in the icecold water.
He would get worried Chachi, and I want him to concentrate on his project, not me.
Nandini replied in a weak voice.
Nandu, ita your last exam day after tomorrow, will you be able to give it?
Ragini asked as Nandini nodded.
I know you miss him baby, but that doesn't mean that you'll spoil your health, even if you deny this I know you miss him badly and cry yourself to sleep every night which resulted in this.
Nandini couldn't make an eye contact with Ragini, because even she knew that whatever Ragini said was true.
Its ok baccha, I understand what you are going through but you have to stay strong, if not for us then for him.
Nandini stared at Ragini for a moment and then nodded.

------------------------------------------------

Manik where are you lost buddy?
Cabir asked as he noticed Manik.
I think Nandini is hiding something.
Cabir looked at Manik confused.
Today when I was face timing her, she seemed so low, her face seemed extra red, her eyes we're swollen, and when I asked her she said she was fine.
Cabir smiled hearing Manik, he knew his friend was madly in love but he never imagined him to notice these small things too.
Call Arnav, he'll know it for sure.
Cabir suggested as Manik nodded and immediately dialled Arnav's number.

Hello, bhai.
Arnav got a little tensed hearing Manik's hurried and tensed voice.
What happened Manik? Are you ok?
Arnav asked.
I am fine bhai, but is Nandini ok? I was face timing her and I noticed something's, so tell me honestly bhai is she ok?
Arnav was tongue tied, he didnt knew what to say, Nandini told him not to tell Manik anything but here Manik was demanding an answer.
Umm, ya she..she is fine, she just have a mild fever, and doctor said she just needs some rest.
Arnav told him and the next moment the line was dead.

--------------------------------------------------

Chachi tell me honestly, is she really fine now?
Manik asked Ragini on video call she she smiled and nodded.
Yes she is fine now Manik, and aee she is sleeping now.
Ragini turned the camera towards Nandini who was sleeping peacefully.
Please take care of her chachi, and if she wants then i'll come back.
Manik just wanted to run and hold his wife in his arms but he was bounded.
Don't worry Manik, we are here for her, you just concentrate on your work, this is what Nandini wants you to do, ok.
Manik nodded as they hung up.

---------------------------------------------------