I think I'm in love with my sisters boyfriend! ch.15

As Manny was hugging me I got lost in his touch, I felt whole, and complete.

But I knew what I had to do, I pulled back reluctantly, he looked at me confused.

"Manny, why'd you do it." I asked.

"Come inside, I'll explain." He said back.

"No. Tell me now, here." I stomped my foot on the ground.

He let out a deep breath, "Okay..."

He told me the story, all the way from the beginning, starting with his parents, and ending to where he lived now.

I put on hand on my head, I was so much more confused now than when I hadn't known anything. Am I supposed to just forgive him, like that? Do I hug him and tell him it was okay, that I understood the decision he made? Am I supposed to be okay with the fact he rather me get hurt, than ruin his reputation, or his popularity?

I felt like my legs were going to give out, I backed away from him and leaned against my car.

"Jamie? Say something." Manny whispered.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to clear my head, and make sense of what was going on, I didn't know what to do.

I could've gotten killed, or raped, all because Manny didn't want people to know who his dad was? I tried to put myself in the kids at schools position. If I found out the popular Manny had a criminal for a dad, would I think he was less of a person...NO.

No, I wouldn't. I had gotten beat for something that wasn't even that big of a deal. I had been lied to for something that was so small, so insignificant.

And then, I knew what I had to do.

I felt stronger, I knew what I was going to do, what I had to do. I needed to break away from everything that reminded me of Jason and what happened to me.

I stepped away from the car and walked over to Manny, I took his hands, he looked at me, with hope in his eyes.

"Manny, you are so talented, and smart, and kind. You're going to go so incredibly far, you can do anything you want, be whoever you want. The thing is, your reputation and your strive to be popular is what gets in your way. The notion that normal is better than different, that being popular is better than being unique, is so far from the truth. I don't need popularity, or good looks, or money to make me happy. I need family, and love. I believe you when you say you're sorry, and when you say you love me, but how far does your love go? Does your love go as far as your need to be popular? Will your love for me burn as passionately as your need to be normal? The fact that I'm doubting your love is a very bad sign, I love you Manny, and me letting you go is showing you exactly how much I love you." I let go of his hands.

He was looking at me with pain in his eyes, I watched as a single tear ran down his face, "Thank you for crying for me, that's a sign of love, but I need more than that." I smiled sadly at him and climbed in my car and drove home.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Joe, he was no Manny but he loved me, and his love was enough to keep us together forever, his love was the kind that you couldn't forget about or change, his love for me was always there, waiting for me when I needed it. I would learn to love him; I would do what I needed to do to be happy.

I would be with Joe, and pray that Manny's love for me would diminish along with the love I had for him.

One can dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I know a lot of you were probably hoping for a different outcome, but this is what had to happen!

I really appreciate everyone who read, voted and commented! I know who you are, and you know who you are!

You guys made this story so much fun for me to right, I hope I see you commenting on my new story!

You guys have been so sweet and loyal through the whole thing!

Love you guys! <3