I think I'm in love with my sisters boyfriend! ch9

So...we're at Burger King. Yay.

Manny and Jenna are at the counter ordering there food, and I'm outside, sitting on the sidewalk. I really just need fresh air, I'm just so tired of pretending like I'm not in love with Manny, I'm tired of avoiding his big deep eyes when all I want to do is get lost in them. I'm tired.

I just wish I knew why Manny was messing with my emotions like this, one second he acts like he doesn't like me, the next he's touching me and places that have never tingled are tingling. It's not right.

I feel a cool breeze and smell greasy fries, Manny's voice comes from behind me, "I got you some fries, I know you said you weren't hungry, but I got you some anyway."

When I don't answer back he sighs, "Jamie, I can't be inside when you're outside, okay? I need to know your okay, so will you just humor me and come inside?"

"It doesn't really matter what happens to me? Does it?" I turn around and look at him.

I look at Jenna eating happily away at her burger, Manny follows my gaze, he looks at Jenna, and drops his head. Just as I knew he would, he goes back inside.

I watch them eating and laughing for a second before turning back around and looking at the nearly empty parking lot. Then, I feel my phone vibrate, I look and see an unknown number.

"Hello?" I say.

"Jamie, its Joe."

A little smile forms on my face, and right there, I knew that even though I could never have Manny, I could have Joe.

"Hey Joe, I'm actually really, really happy you called."

I heard a low rumble of laughter on the other line. "Well good. So, I heard from Manny you were going to be on his date with your sister."

I sighed, "Yup."

Joes tone got serious, "You need to be careful around Manny Jamie, I still think he could be in on Jason's little scheme."

I felt a sick feeling deep down in my heart, "Yeah...I know."

"Jamie I want you to know that I care about you, and I can't explain why I care so deeply about you, I haven't even talked to you before a couple of days ago. Just please be careful."

I turned back to look at Jenna and saw them standing up with their trash.

"Hey, Jenna and Manny are coming, so I got to go, but I'll call you back later."

"Alright."

I was about to hang up, but before I did I knew what I wanted to say to him.

"Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"I would like to go on a date with you...maybe...I mean if you want to. Y..you don't have to of course, but I've been thinking about it and-"

"Jamie, I would love to take you on a date."

I hit my forehead with my hand, and scrunched my face up in embarrassment, I was such a loser.

I laughed nervously, "Great, so...I'll call you later then?"

"Yeah, night Jamie, be careful."

I hung up and broke out in a big grin. I hadn't been on a date since 4th grade, and I would hardly call Troy Gates pushing me on the swing set a date.

"Why do you look so happy for?"

I jumped and looked up, Jenna was looking at me with a smile, and Manny was behind her looking at me suspiciously.

"Uh...Joe called. That's all. Nothing big." I gave her a fake smile and got up.

"Ooooooo, what'd he say?" Jenna asked giving me a big wink.

"N...nothing...just said hi."

"Oh! Whatever, you could see how happy you were! That's the first time I've seen a real smile on your face today! He asked you on a date! Didn't he?"

"Jenna," I said between clenched teeth, "Can we talk about this later?"

"Oh no Jamie, I want to know of my little brother has a date." Manny said in an amused tone, but deep down I heard a dangerous edge to his voice. That pinged something in my head.

Manny was jealous.

Holy shit.

I grabbed this opening by the horns. I smiled.

"Okay okay, he asked me out, I'm gonna call him later with the details, but I think he really likes me."

I looked at Jenna and she squealed and jumped in the air, "Aww! Jamie this'll be your first date! Well besides Troy Gates pushing you on the swing sets in 4th grade, but that doesn't count."

I rolled my eyes.

I stole a glance at Manny and he was looking at my face, I couldn't read his expression but he obviously didn't share Jenna's excitement. That little fact made me a very happy lady. I had to suppress an evil laugh.

I jumped in the car and crossed my fingers Manny wouldn't strangle poor Joe when he got home, but by the way Manny's fist were clenched I seriously doubted Joe would avoid the tornado that's Manny.

Hell, I didn't even know if I would get through tonight, 7:00 was going to be the time of my death. But at least I would go down seeing Manny's beautiful face, right?

And quite frankly that was enough for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love you guys!

fan. vote, comment?