Month 8

River POV

The movie finally wrapped up last week and I'm in New Orleans with one of the casting directors. He's starting to audition people for this new movie and he wanted me to come and check it out. 

From the moment that I stepped down into New Orleans I knew that it was going to be crazy. The audition was for the following week so that weekend i went out on the town to eat. there were hardly any people out on the streets asking for autogrpahs and what not. I traveled all down Bourbon street and actually got some people on my team to come and stay with me so that I wasn't so lonely. As we were heading out to leave the restauraunt I bumped into some man and he was stunning. My purse had fell and he quickly tried to collect all of my things.

Man, "Oh, man I am so sorry for bumping into you, I didn't even see you there"

Me, "Oh, it's no problem. It's crazy in here"

Man. "Yeah that's what a Friday night in the French Quarter can be like"

Me. "But it's so nice and relaxed, it's nothing like back home"

Man, "And where may that be?"

Me, "Oh LA"

Man, "Yeah, I know those big cities can get crazy but it's calm here. that's what you gotta love about NOLA"

Me, "Yeah, it can be really crazy"

Man, "Where are my manners, my name is Carson, what about you?"

Me, "Oh, I'm River"

Carson, "Now are you named after a certain river or did your parents just really like that name?"

Me, "I have no idea, I never really asked"

Carson, "Okay, well it was nice meeting you River, maybe I'll see you around"

Me, "I don't know. i'm only here for a week"

Carson, "WEll then you should defiinitely come back on tuesday, that's when we have karaoke"

Me, "Oh I can't sing"

Carson, "That's what karaoke is for, people getting drunk and just going crazy on the mic"

Me, "Maybe, I'll have to see"

Carson, "Well lemme just give you my number in case you decide to change your mind. this place can be crazy at times and you're gonna need a table"

Me, "Okay"

After heading back to the hotel my friend Darcy called me to her room to talk. 

Darcy, "So what was going on between you and that man at Tatos"

Me "What are you tlaking about?"

Darcy, "I saw the way that you were staring him down and he clearly had his eyes on you too"

Me, "What are you talking about?"

Darcy, "Come on. Since we've finised the last movie you've just been all quiet and alone. We get down here and you and that guy start some major flirting going on. Maybe you're getting your groove back like Stella"

Me, "I don't need to date people to feel happy. I do what pleases me and he honestly seems like a nice dude but I'm not rushing anything"

Darcy, "I saw the way that you were looking at him and then he gave you his number, you two are going to start dating or somethin., you haven't talked to someone or at least looked so happy sice you were with Casey"

Me, "Well we aren't running into anything. I'm here for work and that's it"

Darcy, "Well tomorrow we're heading out to some show, your brother said that you have some people that asked to see you"

Me, "Okay, lemme call him cause I'm pretty sure that he wants me to go and see Casey"

Darcy, "Okay, but be ready to just explore and see what the world has for you"

The next morning I went out shopping and within 2 hours I had bumped into Carson twice from last night. I thought that it was either a stalker or maybe a sign from GOD that something was suppossed to happen. 

Carson. "Well damn, you look even better in teh day time than in the night"

Me, "Well thanks, I guess"

Carson. "How is it that I've bumped into you twice in the day while I've got exes all over that I havent' een in ages"

Me, "I have no idea, either you're stalking me or maybe it's a sign that we are supposed to meet up"

Carson, "I'm going to go with option two. So how have you been?"

Me, "well I was just wasting some time by shopping and then I was going to go and eat some breakfast"

Carson, "Well I know this great place that makes amazing brunch food, if you're interested we could go there now and eat"

Me, "Sure, but I have some people with me"

Carson, "Okay"

Eating-------------

Carson, "So you told me that your name is River, but what do you do?"

Me, "Well I used to be an actress and I still do it but who knows what the future holds"

Carson, "Oh and actress that's cool, do you enjoy it"

Me, "It can be a lot of work and I've been doing a lot of other things since my last movie but I love it. Its something that I've wanted to do since i was a little kid, what about you?"

Carson, "I just manage some local bands and I play music here and there"

Me, "Okay that's cool, what type of music?"

Carson, "I do a lot of country, bluesn and I guess bluegrass, I've got a studio not to far from here, you guys could check it out if you wanted to"

Me, "Well lemme get a preview of what it sounds llike live, that's how I'll know if you're a good singer or not"

Carson, "Okay, what do you want to hear?"

Me, "Anything, the first thing that comes into your mind"

Carson, (Singing)

Me,"Damn you're really good, why aren't you pushing yourself to be like some famous singer"

Carson, " I tried, it just never seemed to fully work out, but I don't know"

Me, "Well listen I know some people that can get your music played for some record people. If you want me to I can help you out"

Carson, "I'm a stranger, is that what you normally do to strangers"

Me, "Well I don't usually talk and hang out with strangers but you're special. I honestly see a lot of truth in your music and that's cool. I can help you out if you want me to"

Carson, "well how would I repay you?"

Me, "We can think of some ways"

Carson, "Listen why don't you come and sing with me tonight. I know that yoy think that you can't sing but I get a vibe from you that says that it's okay"

Me, "I swear on my whole life that I can't even keep a rhythm. I can't sing for my life so it's not going to happen"

Carson. "Give it a try, you have