Month 7 Part 2

Casey POV

I had been talking to Allister on a constant basis since we first met and I just wanted to see where he stood between me and River ever getting back together. he told me that she would be coming back to LA for a week and thought thatit would be a good idea if I just started talkign to ehr slwoly. I really didn't now hwat awould happen between the two if us since the last time we tlaked she ledt me in san Diego. 

I had been on tour with my band but it really wans't the same without River in my life. She wuld bring me all this happiness  and with her gone it alnsot made me want to turn back to doing drugs and drinking but my sober coach and therapist were there for me. Allister had convinced me to come to this Spanish place to eat and I would just get a final word from River about what was going on. While I would be mad if we broke up for good I knew that it would be a clean break that we probably both needed and my band-mate Trace was dating this girl who had a twin sister that wanted to hang with me. It wouldn't be a huge problem if I had some back-up plans but I was hoensly hoping that River would wnat to get back with me.

When I walked up to the table it didn't seem like things were going so well. Allister  had told me that he was going to surprise River but by the way things were going she was all in his face and wagging fingers. At this point I just walked over and when I heard the conversation I started to honestly doubt whethere this was a good idea anymore.

Me. "Well I guess that this wouldn't be a good time to cut in?"

River, " what the hell is going on?"

Allister, "Listen I thought that it would be good for you guys to just meet up and talk"

River, "Why are you so settled on me talking to Casey? I thought that you hated him"

Me, "Well it's good to see you too River, and Allister thanks so much. I know that this isn't the best situation but I just wanted to talk to you River"

River, "Casey I have nothing to tell you. If I wanted to speak with you then I would have called you after I left San Diego"

Me, "Well you weren't calling and I need some answers"

River, "I have nothing to say to you, cause after what happened back in San Diego you should be happy that I still consider you a friend"

Me, "What exactly happened? We were having a good time and then we went out to  dinner with my brothers and shit just started to hit the fan. can you just explain to me whata happened?"

River, "Well basically I went out to eat with my boyfreidn who I thought would try and defend me but instead let his brothers walk all over me. Last time i checked that wasn't what boyfriends and girlfriends did so that made it clear that we weren't on the same page"

Me, "What happened where I needed to defend you? We were all just eating dinner and talking about hte tour and ten you jsut stormed out and the next day you were gone"

River, "Well last time I checked being called a runner up and not having any real value to you was something that would cause alarm in any real type of relationship. I was under the impression that I meant something to you and for your brothers to come and say that I had no real value and was using you was not what I called for"

Me, "what are you talking about? My brothrs honestly love you and they would never say anyhting like that to make you feel under-appreciated. whatever you heard was probably a mistake or something. if I knew that you were mad over that then I would have talked to them the next day and siad that it wasn't cool but you didn't even communicate with me, you just left"

River, "Well I felt like all that could have and should have been said was left at that table and you didn't fight for me. Honeestly right now I don't want to get back with you and I don't even think that I want to be your friend. It's like I'm constantly being dragged into some crazy stuff and it's not cool with me. I don't need that in my life anymore"

Me, "Well I may not agree with your decision but i can't force you into a relationship. I know that we could have a great friendship and when you're ready just say you're ready and we can start on that. I've made a mistakes and you seen all of my mistakes, so look me in my eyes and stay truthful with me and I'll do the same with you"

Allister, "Okay, my part has been done and Casey it was nice seeing you. I know that you're going to be on the road but you can call me anytime you want"

Me, "Yeah, I've got some business to talk to you about. I know that you do some real estate and I'm looking for a new place. Maybe somewhere more hidden in the hills or something and with some land on it. I kinda like the lay-out that River has in her place so if I could find something similair to that then we would be good"

Allister, "Yeah, no problem. I'm going to be heading out to San Antonio for some work this week but when I come back give me a call and we can work something out"

Me, "Okay, well Allister it was good seeing you and River same to you too. I've got a show later tonight so I gotta head out"

River, "Okay, maybe I'll check you guys out. I listened to the new album and it was kinda good"

Me, "Thanks, if you're still in North Carolina when we we come through then maybe we should hang, like casual friends"

River, "Maybe, I'll see"