Chapter 27: Duel: Marius vs. Gorgamesh; The Immovable Object

The Hunters

Chapter 27: Duel: Marius vs. Gorgamesh; The Immovable Object

Gorgamesh smiled at Marius with sadistic intent. His claws and pointed ears showing through the human-like form of his body. Marius growled at him slapping his tail against the ground in frustration. The gargoyle chuckled at Marius opening its wings and leaning into an attack position.

“So tell me young hunter, do you use your gargoyle powers along with your dragon powers?” asked Gorgamesh.

“What concern is it of yours?” Marius asked back.

“I was trying to gauge just how difficult it will be to kill you.” He plainly stated.

“Don’t take me lightly!” Marius yelled as he charged at Gorgamesh who looked back at him and simply stood up in place. Marius quickly swiped his right fist into his opponent’s left cheek. Gorgamesh, however, didn’t flinch his skin didn’t move it appeared as if Marius had never hit him. With a smirk Gorgamesh smacked Marius away with one arm. Marius flew back out of control his body hit the ground digging a small crater into it.

“That was different,” Marius thought as he stood back up, “it felt like I just had a fight with a wall, first I hit a wall then the wall hit me back.”

“It seems as though you were caught off guard by my stone skin.” Gorgamesh said confidently, “My skin is as tough as the hardest stone and my bones are more dense then the toughest metal or stone known. This constant state allows me to remain in my form during the daylight and keeps me well protected at all times.” Gorgamesh smiled. “Don’t tell me you haven’t figured out that there are no perfect beings. Even the psylon’s have an extreme weakness to arcane magic. Even hunters have weaknesses to magic, although their weakness is more of a general idea of magic.”

“Do you have a point that you’re getting to or are you just stalling while you figure out how you’re going to beat me?” asked Marius.

“I must have hit you harder than I thought, who was the one that was just sent flying through the air?” he replied, “The point I’m trying to make is that you are facing something far more powerful than you can hope to defeat.” Gorgamesh charged opening his wings and gliding at Marius with great speed. Marius raised his arms trying to make his skin similar to Gorgamesh’s as he hit him at full force knocking Marius back through the air once again. “All that I am saying is that I am sick off gargoyles being so underestimated and that our time, will soon come.” said Gorgamesh slowly walking towards Marius.

Marius focused feeling his body become heavier he charged again hoping that his skin was a little tougher. Swinging his fist once more at the gargoyle he made another hit. This time Gorgamesh’s skin move as his head turned slightly. “Not much of a reaction but it’s still a reaction.” Marius thought.

“I’m surprised that you were able to tap into the stone skin ability of the hunters so quickly. However, that is the best that it can do.” Gorgamesh hit Marius again this time Marius reeled back from the attack and smashed his fist into Gorgamesh’s face. Leaping back Marius sent fireball at Gorgamesh, it erupted in a fiery inferno when it hit. Once again Gorgamesh swiped the flames away. “I am the Immovable object nothing can get through me, I stop all forces and nothing will destroy me!” he yelled.

Marius roared in frustration and charged trying to use the memories of the hunters to think of some way to defeat the gargoyle. Stretching his right arm out, feeling a surge of heat run through it Marius ducked down avoiding Gorgamesh’s left arm and drove his right claw at Gorgamesh’s chest as he did a point spike of magical energy extended from his palm and pierced through the gargoyle’s stone skin through his heart and out the back of his shoulder. Gorgamesh immediately spit out a mouthful of blood as Marius removed his palm while opening his mouth sending a stream of energy into the wound and out of his shoulder. Roaring in pain Gorgamesh desperately tried to get away from Marius striking at him with his left claw. Seeing his desperation Marius drove his claw into the gargoyle slicing him through to his right hip. Gorgamesh’s blood sprayed out covering Marius and the surrounding area with blood, as Gorgamesh’s body fell onto the ground breaking into two halves his eyes stared at Marius in astonishment.

Groaning from exhaustion Marius fell to one knee breathing heavily.

“Marius, help me.” said Lamora softly as she tried to carry Kai’shin on her shoulder. Quickly getting on his feet to help his allies Marius put Kai’shin under his shoulder.

“What now?” he asked Lamora.

“Psy….” Kai’shin coughed, “we must go… into, Psy.” he continued.

“Alright we’re at the gate how do we get in?” asked Lamora.

“You mean you don’t know?” inquired Marius.

“The psylons don’t exactly give just anyone the key to get into their realm.” she replied.

Kai’shin groaned in pain, “Do you two ever shut up?” he asked grudgingly as he raised his hand and the door opened revealing a doorway that shone a blinding light. Marius and Lamora carried Kai’shin through the doorway unaware of what awaited them.