Chapter 17

Alright, this chapter is a little more mature than the others. There isn't anything too horrible.... but there are clues, if you know what I mean...... Enjoy!!!

Chapter 17

At eight o’clock that night, Lillian was dressed in her white flapper dress and her hair was up in a bun. She and Lillian made plans to go back into Charlie Martino’s speakeasy to find out where the Cheeky Monkey was located.

When she was ready to go, she walked out of her room and down to the parlor. When she arrived, she saw that William was already waiting for her.

“Hey Lily, wow you look amazing,” he admired.

Lillian rolled her eyes, but blushed all the same. “You’ve seen me in this dress before.”

William walked over to her and rested his hands on her hips. “Yes I have, but when I came over to pick you up, Joseph was here. When he was here, I couldn’t tell you how amazing you looked in that dress.”

“Thank you, Willy,” said Lillian before leaning in and placing her lips on his.

Lillian and Willy kissed for who knew how long. When the couple was finally out of breath, William smiled. “Have you thought about not going to the speakeasy tonight? We can have our own fun right here,” he suggested.

Lillian giggled and slapped William playfully on the shoulder. “William Bates, are you proposing something improper to me?”

“Yes, yes I am.”

“Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I got all dressed up for tonight. I am going to that speakeasy just because I put this dress on.”

William raised his eyebrows. “I could help take it off for you!”

Lillian looked at William with her jaw open. Instead of responding, she just turned around and walked away.

“Lillian, wait! I didn’t mean to offend you-”

Lillian turned around. “What are you waiting for Mr. Bates? I’m taking you up on your proposal, but you need to fulfill your duties.”

Less than a moment later, William burst into a sprint and picked up Lillian bridal style and carried her into her room.

Lillian rolled over in her bed and laid her head on William’s chest. Her mind was full of so much bliss and happiness.

“Are you alright, Lily,” William asked.

“Yes, better than alright actually,” she said, looking into his eyes.

William smiled for a moment, and then his face fell. “I wasn’t talking about that. I was talking about with what Joseph did to you. You know the bruises and the memories?”

Lillian sat up with her sheet wrapped around her bare chest. “I don’t remember that at all. I only know what he did based on the bruises and the pain I got from them.” She stopped when a sob escaped her throat and tears slid down her face.

William sat up and wrapped his arm around her body. “It’s okay, Lily. I didn’t mean to make you upset. Maybe we shouldn’t have done this, at least not yet.”

Lillian leaned into William’s body. She waited until she wasn’t crying and said, “I don’t regret that William. I will never regret that.”

“I know, that was great. But don’t you think that maybe it was too soon?”

“No Willy, I don’t. It was perfect. I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Then he leaned in a kissed Lillian. Eventually, the two were at their previous activity once more.

It was about ten o’clock when Lillian finally dragged herself out of her bed. She grabbed her bathrobe and started brushing her hair.

“Please, please come back here Lily! I want you right next to me,” William pleaded.

Lillian picked up her white dress that was previously discarded two hours prior. She turned so her back was to William, and slipped the dress on.

“I think I like you better without that dress,” Willy added, smirking.

“Get up and get some clothes on William, we still have to go to the speakeasy,” she said matter-of-factly.

Giving a dramatic sigh, William pushed the blankets away and stood up. “You know, you’ve always been bossy.” He then walked over to where Lillian was standing and kissed her.

Smiling, Lillian said, “Unless you plan on going to the speakeasy in your boxer underwear, I suggest you get some pants and a shirt on.”

William sighed again and said, “Yes ma’am.” He then went over to where his shirt and pants were and put them on.

Lillian was fixing up her hair when she felt William’s hands slide over her hips from behind. His mouth was at her ear. “I want to repeat what we did tonight many more times, Lily.” He moved his head so he was kissing her neck.

Lillian leaned her body back and against William’s. Unknowingly, she let out a small groan out of her mouth. Surprised and extremely amused, William stopped kissing her neck. “I see that you have the same idea, then?”

Lillian turned around and wrapped her arms around William’s shoulders. “I want to fall asleep with you every night and then wake up with you every morning.”

She saw how her words affected him. William smiled and kissed Lillian on the lips. The two kissed until they couldn’t breathe anymore and William pulled away. “I suppose if you want to get to that club, we’re going to have to leave now. I’m not sure I can control myself much longer if we continue doing this.”

“You’re very right. Let’s go,” she announced and then unwrapped her arms from William. Then, she walked out the door of her bedroom, leaving William dazed in her tracks. When Lillian realized that he wasn’t following her, she leaned back into the threshold of her room. “William, we’re already late enough as it is. Aren’t you coming?”

“I’m on my way,” he said before walking out of Lillian’s room.